Kauai Beach Resort
US$605
  • Beachfront
Garden Island Inn Hotel(Lihue)
US$212
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,508 results
All reviewsshutters barsand poolnaupaka terracerental carocean viewclose to the airportbreakfast buffetfire pitgift shopvalet parkingour honeymoonpools and hot tubsmain restaurantper dayparking lotpoolside bargrounds are beautiful
Reviewed 14 May 2012

From some of the reviews we were a little nervous about picking this hotel. However, our stay was great! The breakfast buffet package was a great deal, and our room with ocean view was very nice. Everything was well kept, clean and modern. Buildings are a little older but pools, rooms and facilities look recently updated. I travel around the US a lot for work, and this is one of the best values we have found.

Room Tip: The ocean view and super saver breakfast are worth it!
1  Thank Ramv31
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Service was uninterested, self parking was $15/ night, room was stuffy and air conditioner only moved around warm sticky air!
Had great massage at Spa which is NOT managed by hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Pebblepusher
Reviewed 12 May 2012

And what is not to like about a hotel that offers beautiful ocean views, has two pools, one of which has a view of the ocean and is partially sand-bottomed! So you can spend the day by the pool, parked on a "sand beach" or move to the larger pool and park yourself on the concrete. There is a bar and food service with wait staff to fetch you lunch, mocktails, cocktails, beer, soda, etc.
They have a fantastic gift shop, and a very nice restaurant. They also have a bar with night life which we heard, but didn't go into. The music sounded great though.
The room was lovely. We had an ocean view room which looked out across the lawn, the pool, and the ocean was in the background. All the rooms appear to have decks. We were on the fifth floor so we slept with our deck door open and listed to the sounds of the waves.
The Kauai roosters/chickens parade around and even come into the lobby area on occasion.
One of my favorite things was their spa. I scheduled a massage, despite the price for a one hour Lomi Lomi (deep tissue) massage (crazy expensive) but it was worth every penny. They woman who was my masseuse was named Layet (I think) and she gave me the BEST massage I have ever had. And I'm a huge massage fan. I've had at least 100. If you like massage, spend the money. You will not regret it. They have a man who provides massages for the men. I do not know if he's as great as Layet, but I'd risk.
So, highly recommend this place. Lovely rooms, great service, great food, and wonderful spa.
The only thing you might not like is the fact that their beach is not really a beach. And you definitely cannot swim from it, or really even walk along it. But it's Kauai, come on. There are a LOT of beaches where you can swim, walk, snorkel, etc.
Aso, the location is great. It's a quick hop to the airport and shops are close by.

Room Tip: I almost wish we had selected a ground level ocean view room. Those are the closest to the ocean. Not sure on the pricing because my husband played travel agent.
2  Thank Patty B
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Booked this based on TA ratings, and loved it. We got a special deal where we got upgraded to an ocean view room, got a free rental car, and parking included so if such deals are available, I highly recommend it. ALSO -- get the bed and breakfast option because we got the breakfast buffet for a small add-on price and it was very nice and a considerable savings over the list price. The room was comfortable and clean and the place has a nice feel about it. The grounds are nice and well maintained. I really enjoyed the fact that this was not in the middle of a bunch of other hotels. The peace and quiet were welcomed -- and when I say peace and quiet that does not include the many feral roosters who love to crow at daybreak. You cannot swim in the beach by the hotel but the surf was pretty rough everywhere during our stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

This place was a nice surprise. We had booked a "lagoon view" room, but were upgraded to an ocean view. We could watch the sunrise over the ocean from our bed, and hear the waves crashing on the beach anytime we opened the lanai door. Recently remodeled, very clean and tasteful. Live, mellow music nightly in the attractive lobby. 4 pools, 2 hot tubs, fun slide, Tiki bar with poolside service. Very friendly and helpful staff.--That's what I call a resort! We saw many cute honeymooners wandering the well-tended grounds. This place has a boutique feel, but reasonable cost. Best kept secret in Kauai.

Room Tip: upper floors give a better view