“Convenient location, Beautiful Beach/Sunset”
Review of Kauai Beach Resort

Kauai Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Los Angeles, California
“Convenient location, Beautiful Beach/Sunset”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here traveling solo for my 30th birthday but I wasn't at the room or even the hotel that often other than to sleep, shower, etc.. What I really liked was the connivence of the hotel- right near the airport & the value is also a plus- good price for what you get. The food/meals was nothing to write home about though and I wasn't a huge fan of the dinner time restaurant or bars. I think this is possibly a better "family" style hotel- I am more into spa, luxury, seclusion as I am a single solo female traveler. :)

My experience at the hotel was good/average. Friendly staff, clean rooms, but lots of people- families, kids, etc. when the weekend came around... I prefer a much quieter setting. The pool- even the adult section, had kids- the jaccuzzi's as well which I wasn't a fan of. The beach although nice was also small. I rented a car (which I highly suggest) and drove the island daily, exploring and trying out other locations, shopping etc. Next time I would stay near Hanalei Bay area- although it can be rainier over there, it's much more lush and beautiful.

Room Tip: Make sure when you request a "ocean view" you get an ocean view- luckily I was not near th...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. We are pleased that you found our property to be in a convenient location for you to enjoy the island activities. We appreciate your feedback and we will share your comments with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Garden Island. Mahalo!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (705)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I arrived to check-in at this hotel at 3:51pm. This is relevant only because check-in is officially at 4pm. They made me wait in the lobby until 4pm sharp. When I got to my room, its A/C was not working and they had no alternative rooms to give me. I waited for maintenance to arrive. The worker took apart the wall and found the problem. In order to do that, he opened the closet and I noticed that the carpet had been ripped out. When I asked about it, he said there was a leak recently from the A/C so they removed the carpet. He fixed the problem quickly.

Parking, at least for the moment, should be free - but it's not. You have to park in a lot that is under construction due to the building of solar panels. Part of the lot is not even paved so you end up walking through dirt in order to get to/from your car.

The grounds of this hotel are lovely and make the whole experience much better. I guess that's the benefit of having a beachfront hotel in Hawaii. It's very nice to just sit outside with a drink at night. I hope that they can update parts of this hotel so that it can be a more all-around enjoyable experience for everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Suitcaseismycloset
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. Needless to say, we are dissapointed that at check-in your accommodations were not satisfactory and that we did not have alternative rooms to offer as were at full occupancy. However, we are releaved to learn that our maintenance staff were able to resolve the A/C concern quickly. We appreciate your kind comments on our facilities and rest assured, we are in the process of property improvements to enhance our guest's experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Garden Island. Mahalo!
Blair, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed at this resort 3/6-3/13 and was very impressed. Everything was clean and the people were so friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. A lot of variety and the fruit was so fresh and good. The rooms were clean and comfortable beds. We couldn't have been happier,

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. We are delighted that you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable that you were provided with excellence service. We will be more than happy to share your kind comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Mahalo!
Hawaii
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The dear wife and I had some golf to play on Kauai so we secured a room at Kauai Beach Resort which is a nice place; I recommend it for families but not for couples. We had some very enjoyable experiences at KBR but for the reasons that follow I gave it 2 stars.

1. With 3 or 4 o’clock check-ins who hasn’t arrived early? We did and are fine with relaxing at the hotel lounge until our room becomes available. The only place serving at 2PM on this day was an outdoor bar between two pools, kids having fun, making noise, but the Fire Rock Pale Ale was cold. We were told at arrival that we would be called when the room was available, yet when 4PM arrived with no call we headed to the front desk where our keys have been ready for some time. Thanks for the no-call.

2. We did not make dinner reservations so we headed to the Naupaka, we were told it would be a 15 to 45 min wait. Wow, that’s quite the spread, we explained we would wait 20 feet away at the lounge, please get us when a table is ready. We were then corrected and instructed to come back in 10 minutes. We did and out table was ready, we enjoyed a decent dinner with excellent service from Erwin, Thank You!

3. I am not a perfectionist, that is why I only jumped out of airplane once, but I have reasonable expectations. I check every hotel door I stay in to see if it will fully close and 99.9% of these doors close and lock. That’s what we want and our door did not lock or fully close on its own. This is not an auto inspection I have, we were sitting talking after having been in the room for a half hour and I noticed the door not fully closed then I checked it several times and it did not lock.

These are easy to fix things and I believe we did not see the real KBR. I can only report on my experience so this was our stay. We found paint drippings on our lanai railings, much corrosion on the doors card readers, and I was not a fan of the comforter or bed duvet. Or the lanai furniture.

All the staff was friendly, and the evening music was good fun. Sunday evenings has Darryl Gonzales entertaining and he sang and played songs from Bother Iz to Johnny Cash, but it was his guitar playing that stood out as incredible. He must have done back up for some 90’s hair band or something. What talent on the strings, it was enjoyable. Makepa was on the 2nd night and he was enjoyable as well but what surprised us was that he played 75% of the same songs from the night before.

We had an early tee time so we didnt mind the roosters at 530 but if I was here to relax, it would have been different.

There was no online check out available but despite the challenges, we enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this for a family with children but not for couples.

Thank you for reading.

3 Thank Noheabill
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We will take into consideration all the suggestions that you made regarding the facilities as we strive to bring our guests quality accommodations and excellent service. We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit in the not too distant future. Mahalo!
Hayden, Idaho
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The rooms are very clean, the staff friendly, and the pools & grounds very lovely. I was there during renovations/updating and they were very careful to keep the noise to a minimum and disturb the guests the least amount possible. Great place to stay for the value!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AkAbigail
GeneralManager808, General Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Aloha and thank you for your review on the Kauai Beach Resort. We are delighted that you found the resort to be lovely and our staff provided you with excellent service. We appreciate your feedback on your experience during our renovation process and we are pleased that you were not inconvenienced. Those improvements are now complete and we hope to have the pleasure of your return visit to enjoy them. Mahalo!
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I loved that this hotel is not a stickler for specific check-in times. We arrived early, around 10am, and the room that we had booked was still occupied (check-out is at noon). We were upgraded to a room with a lagoon view at no extra charge, and were able to keep the king-sized bed we'd requested. The ladies at the Reception desk were incredibly helpful, providing us with maps and brochures listing places of interest around the island. The one drawback was our early (6 and 7am) excursions. Breakfast wasn't provided until 6am, so we had to go to McDonald's. But overall, we wish we could go back!

1 Thank Erin F
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided you with excellent service, particularly our Front Desk staff. We will be happy to share your kind comments with them. With respect to offering breakfast before 6 am, we certainly can make arrangements to have something prepared for you on those occassions with advanced notice. We look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Garden Island. Mahalo!
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Wonderful family vacation spot! Being business owners and property owners ourselves, we understand that they have to charge for parking to cover their costs. Land is expensive there. Very clean and welcoming environment and staff. The pools and courtyard let you know you are in a little paradise. We loved the beach there and had a great time playing in the ocean!
We went to the restaurant to celebrate a birthday and had friendly courteous treatment! The staff even came out and sang Happy Birthday! Our favorite night was sitting around the rock fire pit and having Maui Tai's. We knew were on vacation! Thank you!

Room Tip: Decide if you are going to spend most of your time traveling and adventuring the island or whether y...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TheFourHiggins
Aloha and thank you for your review of the Kauai Beach Resort. We are delighted that you enjoyed your vacation with us and that you found the resort to be a "litte paradise" and that our staff provided you with excellent servcie. We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly installed fire pit outside of Shutter's Lounge! We look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Garden Island. Mahalo!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Shores Hotel
#5 of 11 in Kapaa
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Kauai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!