“Wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Bakeries in Lihue
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Right Slice is Kaua'i's only specialty pie shop. Featuring fresh local flavors in hand rolled butter crusts. Pot pies also available for lunch and dinner, 1 hour pre-order requested. Open M-Sat, 11-6.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This place was referred to me by a lady in the airport, of all places. She highly recommended the chocolate tantric pie, which they only special order make I later found out so I didn't get to try it. BUT they had so many amazing pies on display that we bought the banana pie slice and the mango pie. Unbelievable!! We took our slices to the beach….the pies were so wonderful! The place is kind of in an industrial looking spot, you almost think your GPS is wrong….but then, there it is all cute and adorable and turning out one of the best pieces of pie I've ever tasted. Highly suggest stopping in for a taste. It most definitely is the right slice!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank KRBatten

“Sweet goodness”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I don't usually eat one slice of anything, but, the lilikoi cheesecake was so dense and delicious that one slice was perfect.
This place was suggestion in one of the tourist books that a person in our party had. I am glad she read about it. The sleepy cat outside barely eyeballing the rooster was a nice touch on the day.

1 Thank S1xmom
Chino Hills, California
“mango lillikoi”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were looking for mango pie and found this pie at Hanapepe on a Friday night last year. It was wonderful!!! Because we missed the Friday night street fair this year, we found the bakery before we left. The mango lillikoi pie was just as good as the first time. They had a wonderful assortment of pies. I may have to branch out and try a different kind on our next visit.

• Visited June 2014
San Francisco, California
“Hmmmm...sweet pies are good, savory pies are ok”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have been coming to Kauai every year since 2006. I have eaten many sweet pies from The Right Slice. This July , we went to the Kauai Beer Company's Thursday Truck Stop event. I tried the chicken pot pie. I was disappointed. The crust wasn't flaky and there was not enough filling. It was $11.00. The sweet pies were $6.00. The next day, we went to Hanapepe's Art and Craft event. I looked at the sign and there was a price different. What the hell? The sweet pies were $5.25. and the savory pies were $10.25 or $10.50. What? Very disappointing!

• Visited July 2014
HIppine, Owner at The Right Slice, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Aloha dimsumgirl2! Thank you kindly for your review of our pie shop.I was surprised to see that you had eaten our pies so often, but this was your first review.

I write today in hopes of gathering more information about your less than 5 star visit to our pie booth. I am hoping you can give us more information, so that I can solve this problem.

My first question is what time you arrived at the TruckStop Thursday event at KBC? Since our pot pies are fresh baked just before we leave for an event, I never want them to stay in the warmer too long. If this is the case, we need to adjust our schedule at the event, to give our customers the most desirable product possible.

My second question is if you have enjoyed our pot pies fresh from the oven? Either at our bakery, or by baking them yourself? This would give me a comparison to your experience at KBC. This is the best way to enjoy our pot pies, and the reason we do not bake them in advance at our bakery. Fresh from the oven is always best.

Next is simply a clarification, the KBC event requires that all food vendors have their prices in even dollar amounts, as you may have noticed by all of the other vendors prices as well. This is the reason that our prices are $6/$11 vs $5.25/$10.50 at Hanapepe Art Night. This is a requirement of the event and not a fault of The Right Slice. Please do not hold that against us or any of the other quality food vendors at KBC.

Please feel free to contact me directly at sandy@RightSlice.com with any further details, so that I may rectify this less than stellar situation and make your next pie visit even more delightful!
New Jersey
“Off the beaten track, and real good!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Read about this bakery before I went to Kauai and knew I needed to try it. They are located in an industrial park close to Kauai Community College. I tried the macadamia nut pie and blueberry coconut. Both were really good! Call ahead if you want a specific kind and they will bake it for you, as they sell out quickly.

Visited July 2014