“Made learning to kite fun and easy”
Review of Kiteboard Kauai

Kiteboard Kauai
Reviewed 18 June 2014

After months of encouragement to learn how to kite from my boyfriend, and his parents, I decided to take a lesson. Initially I was very intimidated by the lines, harness, the ocean and shear size of the kite. After just a few minutes with Adam I felt calm and at ease that nothing bad was going to happen and that I was is good hands. Adam's expertise and confidence put me at ease and I had the most fun ever learning a new sport. Kauai is not an easy place to learn but Adam knew all the soft places for a beginner and his technique made learning to kite fun and easy. He is an incredibly patient teacher and extremely knowledgeable about the wind, ocean and weather. I would recommend Kiteboard Kauai to anyone who wants to learn to kite on Kauai.

7  Thank M L

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Adam was a great instructor and showed me the basics of rigging and flying 3 different kites. The three hr session flew by.

2  Thank Amfgirdwood
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I spent several weeks trying really hard to learn to kite board. Adam had me over hump of staying upwind in a matter of hours. This is the best private instruction I have experienced. Kauai is not an easy place to learn but Adam found just the right place to train.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I really liked Adam's approach. He was very safe with making sure the weather conditions were just right for a beginner, taking no chances with offshore winds, or thunderstorms. He was also really good with knowing when I was ready to progress, and making me feel comfortable even when I was a little nervous about moving to the next step. While the weather didn't allow me to get a second session in like I had hoped, the single 3 hour session I had was enough to convince me that kitesurfing is way too much fun! Adam was also great about recommending gear for me to get setup with back home. With so many equipment manufacturers out there, his help in this regard was invaluable. Given the extreme sport reputation of kitesurfing, as a beginner it was comforting to know that Adam has the traits needed in his other job as a helicopter pilot (conscientiousness, attention to detail, and safety). Overall, I'd definitely take another lesson from Adam given the chance.

1  Thank SagitarriusA
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Adam is a great guide to kiteboarding in Kauai. He worked with us to maximize the quality of our time even though the wind was initially rather uncooperative, and we had a fantastic day of riding on our last day in Kauai! He even brought the whales in to breach and keep us company!

1  Thank Mchilcott