“What a find!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Jackson, nj
“What a find!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Such a great little place with great food and super friendly family. We were not familiar with the meal options for the day, but no worries, they let us try just about everything before we decided. The portions are very generous, and the everyone cleaned their plates. We had chicken, pork and fish..... all were very good and had a wonderful local flair. The place was busy with locals as well as tourists the entire time we were there, but that didn't stop them from checking on us several times to be sure we were happy. Just a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013

Hawaii
“EAT HERE! We would have everyday if we found it sooner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great Aloha Service....The service was so good and friendly that I thought they were a new restaurant trying to impress their customers but they have been in the Kukui Grove Center for 11years. Wish we discovered it before our last day in Kauai. My husband and I ordered four different dishes. They were totally fresh and delicious. I had ono egg battered with capers and namasu. The fish was cooked perfectly, moist fresh and delicious. My husband had the ono wrapped in seaweed and lightly deep fried (like a light tempura), and pork in gravy. I sampled it was delicious. The owner says he creates a different menu everyday. Two other regular customers that we met at the airport said that is true and it is always fresh and delicious.

Visited June 2013
“Wish I could give them a 6!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

What s great find. From the minute we walked in I was impressed. The owner offered us tastes of everything. I had a garlic panko ono and spicy chicken that were outstanding. The pickled cabbage (namasa?) was delicious an simple. My husband tried the meatloaf - it was different with a little sweetness to it. Lots of food for 7.95.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kmessina17
St. Albert, Canada
“a real gem--geat cheap eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Sone's restaurant is a gem of a find. Located off the food court in the Kukui Grove shopping center, it offers great food at very reasonable prices. It is a mom & pop operation selling Hawaiian, Phillipinno, and Asian cuisine. It has local favorites like pork laulau as well as a number of fish and vegetable dishes. I didn't recognize many of the dishes, but owner Derrick was quick to offer samples and his wife Cynthia is very helpful as well.

The menu is always changing. I know this sounds weird, but I had the best meatloaf of my life there. Yum. Also tried the tempura shrimp & veggies as well as a local dish of pork and peas. Everything was excellent.

The plates come with Asian coleslaw and macaroni salad. Prices are from around $4.50 to $8.50. It is a quick drive from the Lihue Marriott, and I know there are shuttles that run to the Kukui Grove complex. There are some tables in the restaurant, or you can get your meal to go & eat in the open food court. There are free shows in the Kukui Grove food court Friday nights at 7 pm (at least when we were there). So, you could have entertainment and great food for around $7--can't beat that.

Sone's is a great place to find excellent cheap eats. A great find!

• Visited March 2012