“sad plastic stand up paddle board. staff blah”
Review of Kauai Beach Boys

Kauai Beach Boys
Ranked #17 of 36 Outdoor Activities in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Steeped in the tradition of 50’s and 60’s, the Kauai Beach Boys of today are caretakers of a golden era gone by. The original Kalapaki Beach Boy, Percy Kinimaka , surfed, paddled, played music and shared his aloha on the very same beach we call home today. Though there will never be another Percy Kinimaka, his legacy and that of all the Hawaiian Beach Boys are the foundation of everything we do. Under the same ownership since 1983, Kauai Beach Boys is Kauai’s original surf school and beach concession. We are a family of water enthusiasts eager to share our passion for the ocean. We all share a deep respect for water, an unadulterated love for surfing and paddling, and pride in our chosen profession. Kauai Beach Boys is also Kauai’s most complete ocean fun headquarters. With stand up paddling, surfing, canoe paddling, sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, body boarding, and just plain beach bumming… if its at the beach we’ve got you covered.
Reviewed 15 June 2013

That's pretty much it, if you don't mind fumbling around on a large piece of plastic this place is for you.
On the plus prices are reasonable, and location is convenient if staying at the Marriott.

1  Thank Josh R
in 7 reviews
"shore"
"safety"

Reviewed 13 June 2013

One of the best times we had on our Hawaiian vacation. My husband and I (along with another couple we didn't know) paddled out an outrigger canoe under the instruction of the Beach Boys (Joe). It was a total blast! Great value ($80 for the two of us). We paddled out the canoe and then caught waves and rode them in. DO THIS! Short walk from our cruise ship.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Great instruction for 2 beginners that have never gone before.
Looks easier than it is, Is more fun than it looks.

Middle of the bay is deep. Right side has breaking surf on calmer days.
We surfed on these, fell off a couple times, is shallow on that side, beware. However that said, it was a blast.

Rented on 2 seperate days. Will go again.
Great value in my opinion.
Great beach to learn where not so much surf.

Do a carbon copy swipe of your card. Charge the time when you finish. Easy enough.

3  Thank FanTanAlley
Reviewed 27 January 2013

While on a Hawaiian cruise we went to the Kalapaki beach which was a short walk from our cruise ship. My husband and teenage daughter signed up for surf lessons with the Beach Boys Surf shop after seeing a group go out with an instructor. There were six in their group with one instructor. After a short intro on the beach they all paddled out. The instructor took 3 at a time and helped them each catch a wave. My daughter got up on the first try and my husband took a few more tries, but can check off of his bucket list. They were both impressed with the instructions since this was more technical than they had first thought.

1  Thank Up_North09