“Fish of a life time!!!”

Lahela Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Join the Captain and Crew of the Lahela for an exciting, action packed day of fishing. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, you will feel like part of our Sportfishing Team from the very beginning. Prior to leaving the dock, the Captain and Crew will go over your expectations for the day and an explanation of the techniques that we will be using. The Lahela is the only Coast Guard Certified Sport fishing game boat on Kaua’i that can legally carry more than 6 passengers up to 14 passengers.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I booked a fishing trip with Lahela while visiting Kauai on our honeymoon. From the start, Scott and Bobby were very friendly and professional, explaining safety and all the gear before departing on our adventure. Scott spotted a large number of birds feeding on bait fish and it wasn't long before we were hooked up. My husband hopped in the fighting chair and immediately the fish was jumping and Bobby let us know that we had hooked into a Blue Marlin. After a 45 minute fight, with helpful advice from Bobby and Scott, we had the fish at the boat. Bobby and Scott safely secured the fish and got it on board. Determined to catch more, Scott took us to another location where we managed to catch four 20+lb Onos. Once we returned to the docks, Scott gave us a chance to take pictures and he filleted an Ono so that we could take some home to eat. Needless to say this was the experience of a life time and we would highly recommend the Lahela crew if you are looking for an unbelievable sport-fishing adventure! Mahalo!

1  Thank Michelle J

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was the 6th time my husband and I have been fishing in Hawaii and this was by far the worst experience we have had fishing. First, the charge for the trip was $50-60 higher than what we were quoted online, but we weren't going to walk away after getting up at 4:30 AM to go fishing. The captain was pleasant at first when he took our money, but then we didn't see him the rest of the trip. No checking in to see how we were doing or if we were having a good time. No interaction at all. The deckhand barely said two words first first part of the trip, but finally warmed up about 4 hours on the boat. There were four total guests on the boat and after the first part of the trip everyone felt so sick that we could barely eat or talk to enjoy the rest of the trip. I've been on choppy/rough water before and never been sick, but this was horrible. It also didn't help that we didn't catch any fish or even have a bite to make the trip exciting. I've been on other fishing charters where we didn't catch fish, but still walked away feeling like I had a good time. Not this trip. I would recommend not going fishing in Kauai because of the choppy water, or find a different charter that will at least attempt to make your trip enjoyable.

2  Thank Laura N
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went out on Lahela for a half day trip with my 2 kids and 3 other nice fellas. We were part of an amizing fishing experience. We caught fish and got a big ahi. The kids and I were so stoked to see it come out of the deep blue. A fish story worth telling over and over. Buddy his decky was easy to have a chat with and helpful with our role and the stagegies when we get a strike and landing the big one. Scott delivers a top notch package and I would recommend it.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I took our 4 young kids (15, 14, 11 & 9) out fishing with Scott. We had a blast! Scott was amazing....so friendly and totally professional. We felt extremely safe in his hands and would LOVE to go out with him again! Thank you so much for making our trip our most memorable of all we've done on Kauai!

1  Thank 9Christine18
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have taken my kids fishing four times while in Kauai. Each time I have booked with Lahela Sportfishing, and I must say Captain Scott and deck hand Bubby run a tight ship. I have read the reviews and must say that the negative reviews come from people with little or no fishing experience. I called Captain Scott a month before our trip to inquire about a private trip. He informed us that it was a busy time of year and not to wait to book the trip. He let us know that this was the their big game season but not to expect everyone on board to catch a 100 lb fish and that catching fish is never guaranteed. Already knowing this, I booked the trip anyway.

Once on board, Captain Scott went over all fishing safety precautions and Bubby went over the equipment, and procedures. We left the dock promptly at 5:30 am and had tackle in the water shortly thereafter. Our first bite came just after we crossed what Bubby called the shelf.but the fish came off, so we continued on. There were alot of birds in the area so Captain Scott zig zaged for awhile. Then Bubby put on some sort of a squid lure. It was only a few minutes before we had a big strike. Twenty minutes later we had a huge yellow fin tuna on the deck! Biggest fish I have ever caught! During the remainder of the trip we had three more bites and landed a nice wahoo and skip jack tuna.
Back at the dock we got some of the wahoo filleted for our dinner back at the condo. We didn't get any of the tuna as anything over 70 lbs belongs to the boat, ( this was explained clearly on the web site as well as posted on the boat) which was fine since we only wanted fish for a couple of nights dinner anyway.
The Lahela is a clean and well maintained boat that has a bathroom( makes my wife and daughters happy) and is well equipped for a great time. If you want to fish on a good boat with an experienced captain and crew who are serious fisherman, I would recommend Lahela Sportfishing. Mahalo Captain Scott an Bubby for another great trip! See you again next July!