“AWESOME ACTIVITY - 1st Time Experience”

Kauai Sporting Clays
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Sporting Clays Intro
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Lihue
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! New and Novice shooters are welcome to join us for a "Sporting Clays Intro" lesson. Experienced shooters can come test their skills on one of the most beautiful courses in the the world. We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am back from Kauai literally 3 hours ago. We went there on a family trip with my wife, 14 year old son, and 7 year old daughter. I had read about the Kauai Eco Clays on Trip Advisor, but we had not really discussed going and doing it during our visit. One day this past week we were sitting by the pool at the hotel and a guy staying at our hotel had just come back from there raving about his experience. My son and I decided to try it since we had never shot a shotgun (let alone shot at clays) in our life. We booked our reservation and I can truly say it was a home run. The owner Ben could not have been more professional, patient, friendly, etc as he sat there trying to teach two people who were absolute beginners. The setting is really cool with the mountains, tropical plants, and all of the trap throwers that are setup around the complex. By the end of the session, my son was knocking clays out of the air left and right (his old man wasn't quite as good but still had a blast). It was such an outstanding experience that my son talked about it for days and wanted to go back everyday while we were there and now wants to pick up shooting at home after his experience. I am the first to say that I knew the reviews were outstanding, but I just didnt think of this being something that would interest my son/I, but I couldnt have been more wrong. This is a double thumbs up and well worth the time and money.

All reviews
in 35 reviews
"fun activity"
"great afternoon"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"unique experience"
"our honeymoon"
"wailua falls"
"safety briefing"

Reviewed 25 October 2013

After visiting Kauai for the first time as an adult, I was looking for something different to do. I was introduced to Kauai Eco Sporting Clays and thought it would be a fun thing to do. I figured I wouldn't be too good at it, and may not even be able to shoot the clays...but my instructor, Miguel, was an exceptional teacher. He has a lot of tips that can help with aim. If you listen and do what he says i'm sure you will be able to hit the clays! Also, it is a beautiful environment. Why shoot anywhere else when you can do it on Kauai!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The three of us had a great time at Kauai Eco Sporting Clays. I went with my son and my daughter's boyfriend. I didn't know what to expect but have always wanted to try it. We had a great instructor who was very patient with everyone especially me and gave encouragement and / or advice with every shot. The layout was excellent and we tried both easy and harder targets (2 clays at a time). Overall, it was a great experience and if we had had more time we would have gone back for another try.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

With the entire family descending upon Kauai for Dad's diamond jubilee, we found a place where the oldies could do something they've never tried before. These guys weren't here last year when I visited Kauai but I wish that they were because shooting is mad fun.

McGill's instructions were precise and he was very patient, and always encouraging while dealing with first timers and folks with English as fourth language; all qualities of a good teacher. I highly recommend this place especially if you've never shot a gun before. My mum went from scaring the [--] out of the instructor by shooting out of turn to destroying a few clay rabbits and birds within minutes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Looked online for a shooting range on Kauai and to my surprise found one. Turned out to be "five stand sporting clays," a shotgun course with rentals and instructions. A perfect combination for someone such as myself, very proficient with handguns and rifles, but almost no experience with shotguns. To my surprise, my wife was excited to go too even though she doesn't shoot.

The location is beatuful, with multiple clay throwers scattered around a tall grass field amid typical tropical vegetation and rolling hills. Ben, the owner, was the one giving us a lesson and it was a pleasure learning the fine deatils of mounting, swinging and following through. Quite different than shooting rifles, so I had to "unlearn" the instinct to stop and aim. My wife and I both broke a lot of clays during instructions and stayed for an additional scored round.

All rental shotguns were high quality (Browning, Beretta, Benelli) - I shot a 12 ga Citori 725 Sporting and my wife shot Andrea's (Ben's wife) Benelli 20 ga semi automatic. Using proper shootguns made the whole experience so much better as we concentrated on technique and not the equipment. As a side issue, we're getting our own now and will continue shooting clays locally.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank IVC-Temecula