“Great fun! For novice or experienced.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Experienced Shooter Packages
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy Kauai's newest sport! Sporting Clays is a very popular sport where 12 and 20 gauge shot guns are used to shoot flying clay targets or "clay pigeons". It is one of the fastest growing and SAFEST sports in the US and it is now available on Kauai! New and Novice shooters are welcome to join us for a "Sporting Clays Intro" lesson. Experienced shooters can come test their skills on one of the most beautiful courses in the the world. We promise you'll have a "BLAST"!!
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun! For novice or experienced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are on vacation or live on Kauai then go take lessons from Ben. I am an experienced hunter and target shooter.I took a lesson, learned something, and had fun doing it. My wife has never shot sporting clay in her life and did she did really well and also had fun.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Allen L

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I came to Kauai for our honeymoon and YES, we went shooting! My husband really wanted to do this, so I agreed and I had so much fun and glad we did it. We got private lessons for 2 hours and left really knowing how to shoot a rifle. I also learned something about myself that I never knew ie even though i'm a righty, my left eye is dominant and I had to shoot with my left side.

This was so much fun and I shoot guns better than my husband :)

1 Thank BYSuss
Vancouver, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Boys' Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Three old boys in their late 50s, two of whom had never shot a gun, on a mostly golfing week, had a GREAT time shooting with Ben at Kauai Clays. Ben was an excellent teacher - so good that it didn't take long before all of us were hitting both clays on "double pulls." We highly recommend Kauai Clays, and are certain to return with our families when next on the island.

Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“This was amazing....truly a unique experience on the Island!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I knew I found my husband’s favorite Kauai adventure when I came across this on Trip Advisor….But what I didn’t figure it that I would be my favorite activity as well. I was so impressed with how Ben (who is the man in charge) would switch between my husband (who works within the firearm industry) and me (a total greenhorn) and still keep both of us excited and learning. Ben is an amazing teacher and a really nice guy too! I didn’t feel out of control or frightened or worried. Once I got relaxed and got my confidence boosted I was able to hit those clays and blown ‘em up! I can’t say I hit them all, but I did so much better than I thought I would! It was so much fun to see those little orange clays blow up!
I really think that Ben had a spark of genius when he came up with this idea. Since Kauai is limited to about 6 things to do on the Island, this is pure genius. If you have done all the activities offered on Kauai: swimming/golf/shopping/kayak/hiking/boating/helicopter/etc….
Well, it’s just nice to have a new adventure in Kauai.
I hope everyone give this attraction a try. Whether a novice or an expert…KAUAI ECO SPORTING CLAY will give you the best memoires of the island….along with blowing up a little bit of it!
P.S. the bathrooms are nicer than I thought they would be, but the giant cane spider was quite a shock! Word to the wise….bring bug spray and a rolled up magazine!
(Here’s a shout-out to the Utah Boys in the jungle!) Mahalo!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Orange City
“AWESOME ACTIVITY - 1st Time Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I am back from Kauai literally 3 hours ago. We went there on a family trip with my wife, 14 year old son, and 7 year old daughter. I had read about the Kauai Eco Clays on Trip Advisor, but we had not really discussed going and doing it during our visit. One day this past week we were sitting by the pool at the hotel and a guy staying at our hotel had just come back from there raving about his experience. My son and I decided to try it since we had never shot a shotgun (let alone shot at clays) in our life. We booked our reservation and I can truly say it was a home run. The owner Ben could not have been more professional, patient, friendly, etc as he sat there trying to teach two people who were absolute beginners. The setting is really cool with the mountains, tropical plants, and all of the trap throwers that are setup around the complex. By the end of the session, my son was knocking clays out of the air left and right (his old man wasn't quite as good but still had a blast). It was such an outstanding experience that my son talked about it for days and wanted to go back everyday while we were there and now wants to pick up shooting at home after his experience. I am the first to say that I knew the reviews were outstanding, but I just didnt think of this being something that would interest my son/I, but I couldnt have been more wrong. This is a double thumbs up and well worth the time and money.