“Yummy local food!”

Smiley's Local Grinds
Ranked #37 of 121 Restaurants in Lihue
Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you want to try some local food while visiting Lihue, stop by Smiley's! I was staying at the Marriott and wanted my plate lunch! Luckily this was nearby! It is a very small, casual restaurant with limited seating. The food I ordered came with generous portions! It was delicious! It made me happy to get some good, local food. The service was friendly.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stopped for a quick meal before going to the airport. Good service, plenty of food, but very fatty. I would go again for sure -- definitely a locals place. I would pick something a little easier on the stomach.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We loved this place. The people were very friendly and we loved the food. We liked the chicken teriyaki and Katsu ahi and the Kolbi ribs. On Thursdays they have prime rib and lobster. It is small and not fancy and full of locals (for good reason).

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just off Rice street in a tiny old strip mall. Small with limited seating. We were the only non-locals here which I thought was a good thing. We ordered the fried saimen and kalua pig. Both were excellent. Service was very friendly, would return again.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We decided to find some place local our first night on the island and we were so glad we found Smiley's. The location leaves much to the imagination, tucked away in a non de-script mini mall. The interior is very bare bones with only a handful of tables but the service was excellent. The man who took our order was very helpful as we did not know what some of the menu items were and he made some recommendations. The food was delicious and you could tell it was made to order. There were two different portions sizes for the dish I ordered( Loco Moco, which I later found out was the local hangover cure) and I should have gone with the smaller one because they give you alot of food and you can't beat the price.