“Friendly”
Review of Duke's Kauai

Duke's Kauai
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke's Kauai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoreline Access
Transit: Bus stop on Rice Street
Description: On the sand at Kalapaki Beach, Duke’s is dedicated to legendary surfer Duke Kahanamoku, Hawaii’s Ambassador of Aloha. The restaurant’s open-air design offers stunning, sweeping ocean views while the 30 foot waterfall plunges into a koi pond below that meanders through the tables. Enjoy a leisurely lunch, romantic dinner, or tropical cocktail in a fun, friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Only stopped for a drink but the staff were very friendly. Great decor and wonderful memorabilia. Next time will try the food.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great location right on the beach and just a few minutes drive from the airport. Great ambiance and service. I enjoyed the salad bar (ceasar salad) but enjoyed the mac crusted opah best! It was crunchy yet moist and was to die for! My kids loved the huge/gigantyic/humongous oreo crusted hula pie. All 3 of my kids shared this and almost coudn't finish it (alright, I admit, I had a few bites too).

Definitely try this place but be sure to make reservations as they get very busy. Also, go early because it is hard to find parking. They do have a valet which is a must if you're not staying at the hotel it is part of (Mariott). If you're on a budget or have a large family, you may want to try elsewhere as it is a bit pricy. Kauai Pasta was another fav of mine that you may want to try.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I gave this restaurant a good review because the entrees and drinks were superb. The Salad bar which is supposed to be famous I would not recommend. We were there later in the evening around 9:00 p.m. so I don't know if this makes a difference or not but they were out of several items on the bar. We kept waiting for new breads to be brought out but by the time they did our meal had arrived. The upstairs interior was very quaint and had a great "Hawaiian feel".

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Never dined at a Duke's restaurants before, but this was exactly like I imagined a Hawaiian restaurant to be like.
On the night we dined it was a nice quiet atmosphere. Food was good and reasonable priced for the setting.
Afterwards we walked around the Marriot which was also attractive.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came for the same reason as many others - location, location, location. I had never eaten at a Dukes before - and found it just average. Yes there is a salad bar - not all that amazing, unless you are an "all you can eat" fan. 3 types of rolls, 3 pasta salads, 2 muffins - carbs ruling the day. I had the opah, macadamia encrusted, lemon caper sauce - it was quite salty. The taro cakes appetizer was visually attractive, but not flavorful.. garlic mashed potatoes were good. Total tourist spot, you can try here but very pricy for only average food.