“Good food, great view”

Ranked #12 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the dining patio you have great view of Kalapaki Beach. We ate there twice on our visit to the island this year. Drinks are good and not weak. We have had the Kalua Pig Wrap, French onion soup, Cobb salad and chicken panini sandwich. All very good !

There are newer reviews for JJ's Broiler

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Popped in wanting a quick burger and were met with absolutely gigantic portions of really greasy food. Felt dreadful afterwards. Lovely setting and charming staff but probably one to avoid!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Lunch was almost the furthest thing from our mind after taking in the view from the patio. I guess that's why the chickens are there. The chickens wait for you to be so distracted by the beautiful view that you drop your meal and they get to eat.
The calamari appetizer was very good. It set me up for a dry burger and fries. How is a medium burger dry? I don't know. But it was dry.
I would return for the view and the calamari.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After spending time at the beach, we stopped here for a bite to eat. The food was pretty good, nothing special, but it's a great location, great view of the beach and mountains. The waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. We got a lot of laughs watching the chickens along with their baby chicks come up on the patio and eat crumbs.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband had the Slovakian Steak. He loved it. I got a NY Strip. Bad mistake. Nothing but fat, through and through. It didn't even taste like steak. How they can make one steak great and another so awful is beyond me, but the upside was... good salad, very good onion rings and the waitress took my meal off the bill, no questions asked.

1  Thank NC123Nj