“Basic Burger done right”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kalapaki Beach Hut

Kalapaki Beach Hut
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Phoenix, Arizona
“Basic Burger done right”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The Kalapaki Beach Hut is just that. A hut on Rice Street within steps of the beach at Nawiliwili Harbor. Over the past 10 days we have enjoyed breakfast sandwich (***), a Bacon Tomato Omelet (****), and an Aloha Burger(*****). Nothing fancy here and frequently can crowded with beach goers an locals who stop by. The food is good and fair price. There is an upstairs open air dining area as well as picnic tables out front.

The Aloha Burger is my favorite made with hand formed patties of local beef, teriyaki sauce, onions, grilled pineapple, lettuce and tomato on either a sesame seed or taro bun. Delicious! The old Camp House Grill had the best version of this called a Hanapeppe Burger. Since the closed, the Beach Hut takes that honor.

If you are staying at the Marriott or in the Nawiliwili area, this should be a definite option as it is easy waling distance.

• Visited August 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This place is great and reasonably priced. We had a great breakfast here. We loved the setting and seating. Also the staff is very friendly. Diane who works up front is so sweet and made us and our baby feel right at home. Couldn't have been a better experience!

• Visited August 2014
Brasilia, DF
“Best Hawaiian aloha-style burguer!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Fresh pineapple, teriyaki sauce, a juicy burguer on a fresh taro bun! YUM!!! If you are on a cruise ship and just want to relax by Kalapaki beach... this is the best place to stop by!

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best veggie burger I have ever had!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I ate here several times during our vacation in Kauai this past December. Being a vegetarian, eating at a burger hut was definitely not my first choice, but I was delighted to find that their veggie burger option (Taro burger) was AMAZING! I was happy to not only find something delicious, but was thrilled to try something local to the area as well. We also had breakfast one morning, and dined from the second level of the beach hut so we could take in the view. I will never forget it! Also, their Hawaiian shaved ice (traditional style with ice cream) was the best I had on the island the entire week we were there. Wonderful! If we ever make it back to Kauai, this will be one of my first stops! GO! Don't think twice! :)

• Visited December 2013
Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best burgers and breakfasts on Kauai!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were on KAuai for a girls trip. We ate at the "Hut" twice. Once for breakfast and once for lunch, The hut doesn't disappoint. I had a breakfast sandwich that was delicious.. The next visit was a burger for lunch, you would be hard pressed to find a better burger on the island. Love the hut and of course, the views of Kalapaki Beach are amazing! The hut is a definite must stop when you visit Kauai!

• Visited June 2014