“JUST DO IT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunshine Helicopters Lihue

Sunshine Helicopters Lihue
Ranked #9 of 33 Tours in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: In an industry that demands the best Sunshine Helicopters delivers!Sunshine Helicopters - Lihue operates a fleet of FXStar Helicopters equipped with air-conditioned cabins, pilot-to-pax intercom and a 3-camera Sky-Cam video system recording your Actual Flight. The Eco-friendly FXStar Helicopter upgraded with the more powerful and quieter Honeywell Turbine engines, burns 10-15% less fuel than our competitors, allowing Sunshine to pass on a tremendous amount of savings to our guests. We offer the most competitive rates available from the Lihue Airport.Fly with Sunshine and see the Manawaiopuna Falls, Waimea Canyon, Napali Coastline and the "Wettest Spot on Earth" Mt. Waialeale Crater.
Ashburn, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“JUST DO IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Sometimes it's tough to make the decision as to whether the "high price tag" of an excursion is worth the $ or not, especially when you're bleeding $ for hotels, food etc. Let me make the decision easier for you...JUST DO IT.

I was greeted at my hotel by a lovely, engaging shuttle driver who chatted with me both to and from the airport. Did I feel safe going up in the air a day before Tropical Storm Iselle was scheduled to hit the island...YES. After the required safety briefing we boarded the helicopter and our pilot oozed confidence, knowledge, charm and enthusiasm. He told us histories of many points of interest that made the ride more enjoyable and memorable. The highlight of the trip for me was going inside a volcano and seeing the 360 view of about 25 different water falls.

Ask yourself this...will I really be making it back to Kauai in my lifetime? If the answer is no, then splurge and JUST DO IT. You won't regret it.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank holsva

Grover Beach
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This was the highlight of our trip! Only great way to really see the island. If you get motion sickness take a pill before, but it is sooo worth it. Kord our pilot was awesome!! Definitely recommend this place.

West bend
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Amazing way to see the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Personnel was amazing and helpful. Picked up right from our hotel. The pilot was skilled and knowledgeable of the area. Showed us the most breath taking views of the area. No better way to see the waterfalls and clear blue waters. Was about an hour in the air and was able to purchase a DVD of the flight. Well worth the money.

1 Thank Jdieck
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“First helicopter ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Pricey for sure but a wonderful way to see the island. In fact the only practical way to see some of the more off the beaten path locations. This is the only company that does a landing at the famous waterfall location from Jurassic Park but it is marginal whether this is worth the extra cost on what is already a very expensive tour.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jim P
Santa Ana, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Kaua'i from above”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Breathtaking! You can see 80% of the island and some places that you probably wouldn’t be able to access from the ground. I never knew that the Grand Canyon of the Pacific existed in Waimea Canyon, Kaua’i. Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! We drove out another day to admire it up close. It’s definitely a must see. We flew over Manawaiopuna – Jurassic Falls, I felt as though we were part of the JP movies, I could hear the music in the background and picture the dinosaurs below on the ground. There were so many beautiful waterfalls all around. We also flew over Na Pali Coast (AMAZING), Waialeale Crater and Hanalei Bay!!! I still can’t get over how beautiful Kaua’i is!!! There was a bit of rain mid trip but then it is Kaua’i so do expect some rain. Yet, it rains off and on nothing lasting a few minutes here and there. My family did get sick towards the end of our flight but I didn’t…they had breakfast and I did not, so maybe that caused it. Overall, this is a great way to see Kaua’i from above in case you don’t get to see everything during your stay. Kudos to our pilot, Kord for ensuring we had a safe flight and providing us with the historical background of the locations!

2 Thank Zgal1