“Lagers!!!”
Review of Kauai Beer Company

Kauai Beer Company
Ranked #7 of 125 Restaurants in Lihue
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It seems everyone is on this ale kick in the microbrewery business. Why? In Lihue, Jim, the owner, prefers to brew the longer process of lagers. Ales are faster and cheaper to brew, but not as smooth. His little business seems to be growing in the southern end of Kauai and I hope it blossoms up north as well.
He does, have Ales but I did not try those. I already had 3 different lagers. I do need to look into getting housing around there next time or where ever they have a convenient choice of lagers on tap.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed tasting the different beer... service was pretty quick and beer was cold. They let me try a few before committing to one! We will visit again and have dinner. The food looked really good!

2  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We went the first Friday they serve food. Fantastic! Spent grain pretzels are the bomb! Tried the Nitro beer, beer will never be the same. Limited hours and parking

1  Thank Jo O
Reviewed 17 May 2014

im not sure I didnt get to eat,but the homemade pretzels are rad...any way back to the beer..I did a sampling of thier beer and a few more pints of my favorites....I was a little buzzed when I left but there was a pale ale that had lots of floral notes and it was great as well as unique and memorable.....

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Had to stop in and try out the local craft beer at Kauai Beer Co. while visiting the island and was not disappointed. Enjoyed a yumm pretzel with a Tropical Armadillo (my fave). The decor was definitely lacking but who cares when there's great beer and friendly service?!