“Yummy Baked Goods!”
Review of Hanalima Bakery

Hanalima Bakery
Ranked #7 of 17 Shopping in Lihue
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I found out about this bakery by Googling “Kauai bakeries” during my vacation, so we decide to stop by. The owners were not as welcoming as most of the smaller stores in Kauai. Then, we found out they're not local; they're from Seal Beach, California! Because of the reviews, we got a savory crab roll, and ham & cheese roll ($2.25 each.) And for sweet, we got a coconut turnover and a cherry roll. If you use your credit card, they use Square, so make sure they have your correct email address if you want a receipt. The food was really good, but I ended up getting over-charged. When I didn’t receive my receipt, I contacted the owners and that’s when I realized they had over-charged. It wasn’t much, a little over a dollar, but we only bought 4 items! I’m assuming they mis-entered my email address into Square, so I gave them my correct email address and they were going to correct the charge and send my receipt….well the charge was corrected but I still don’t have the receipt!

2  Thank JennShio

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Hanalima Bakery has wonderful homemade fresh bread. The treat of the day for our family is their rolls- pizza, ham & cheese, crab, etc. These are small Hawaiian bread rolls laced with goodies. They are great for a snack or very suitable for the plane ride home to the mainland. Arrive early to have your choice as they can run out of your favorite roll.

3  Thank Marie A
Reviewed 2 November 2012

What can I say... It is the best bakery on Kauai. The flying saucers were out of this world.. Every thing we sampled was delicious. What made the visit... TRUE ALOHA SPIRT. The owners were very sweet and very genuine. Cant wait to come back to Kauai and Hanalima Bakery.. Its a must.. get there early (before 10am) cuz the stuff sells out quick.

2  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Our family found Hanalima Bakery on the web and took the time to track it down once we landed. It is the best. True aloha spirit and attitude. In the 10 days we were on Kauai we visited Hanalima 7 times (one day twice). They make everything fresh. What you see is what they have, when they run out they run out. Get there early (they are open 6AM-1PM). All you mainlanders should be up early anyway so get in there quick before all the locals buy the best stuff. Prices are very reasonable so try a little of everything. GREAT Loco Moco! By the time we left Kauai we had crossed off more then half the bakery menu! Super good and super friendly family owned bakery.

THANKS HANALIMA!

3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Stopped here on our way to the canyon. Had cinnamon rolls and they were real tasty.

2  Thank Deertwo