“Good to go food on the way to poipu”
Review of Mark's Place

Mark's Place
Ranked #6 of 120 Restaurants in Lihue
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great flavors! The portion is a lot for a small amount of money. We ordered on our way to poipu beach. It is definitely a native place ie local. Not the most friendly people must be because we are visiting and everyone else there are natives, but your there for the food. It is somewhat out of the way but worth it. My family enjoyed the variety of choices you won't go wrong with any of them. We often look for local\native food when we travel. This is definitely a nice find!

There are newer reviews for Mark's Place

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife & I ordered take away from Mark’s Place on Friday 9 May,
My wife order the teriyaki beef and beef stew combination and I order Mark’s Special: chicken katsu, teriyaki beef and beef stew – both plates were accompanied by steamed white rice and macaroni salad.

Certainly the portion/price ratio at Mark’s Place is large, but the meats were middling. It is difficult for me to praise any form of chicken – even chicken katsu. I found the teriyaki beef to be dry but tasty. The beef stew was good with large pieces of vegetables and a tasty gravy – but beef stew on Kauai?

Certainly all the locals crowding the tiny parking lot and few outside tables appreciate Mark’s Place. So I will give Mark’s Place another try in the future – for the Daily Special – and especially since I now have the (hidden) location on my iPhone’s GPS application.

2  Thank LostLen
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Out of the way spot with great food. They have some picnic tables outside to eat at and the quality of the meat is wow level. Great sides and nice people. Lots of local people taking out tons of food. Very reasonable price.

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Really happy to find Mark's Place on my recent trip to Kauai. Wouldn't have found it without a local tip/suggestion and very happy to have tried it for dinner. Certainly not a place you will stumble across unless you're lost in an industrial park but well worth the visit. Between three of us we had three different meals including the daily special and Mark's combo and very happy with the quality and quantity of food. Will be back!

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

All six of us tried something different and it was all awesome. The Mark's Mixed Plate was to die for - chicken, beef and beef stew. Recommended by some local folks we met and it was perfect. Highly recommended for a nice and affordable meal.