“mana massage” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mana Massage Kauai

Mana Massage Kauai
Ranked #4 of 8 Spas & Wellness in Lihue
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the East side, in Kapaa. You'll love the outside location overlooking the Sacred Wailua River Valley, it's magnificent! For the Hawaiians, Wailua, Kauai has long been Sacred. You're immersed in a wonderful and unique natural environment which sets a tone that's deeply moving and memorable. When you reserve this location, it's yours exclusively. Overlooking the river Valley there's room for up to 6 people (a wedding party) to receive massage at the same time, or, while one person receives their massage the other could relax and drink in the beauty of this place while waiting for their session. The environment is exquisite with birds singing, stream flowing in the distance and Trade Wind breezes. An indoor space is available in Lihu`e, only 5 minutes from the airport, or in Kapaa! There's room for a Couple's massage too. Whichever you decide, it will be wonderfully relaxing & rejuvenating. Aloha, Manima
CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“mana massage”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2007

My wife and I were traveling to Kauai for our honeymoon and decided to have a nice relaxing massage overlooking the river. We found Mana Massage through a internet search and, after reading the reviews, believed this would be a great place to get them.

The night before our massage, we called to confirm the appointment and get directions. For reasons we can't explain, Manima sounded irritated but we didn't think much of it.

The next day, being tourists, we got lost. Factoring in the "getting lost" time, we still made the appointment 10 minutes early. Manima, however, was late getting there. When she did arrive, she got upset with us with where we parked our vehicle. Apparently, and she did not tell us before hand, we were not supposed to park there because the owner specifically asked her not to have anyone park there. She even continued to be upset with us after the owner said that it was ok and not to worry about it. Strike 1.

Of course, with any good massage therapist, they would normally ask you what you are looking for and what type of massage you would like. My wife and I both asked for the Deep Tissue massage (the other massage therapist was working on my wife). Manima surprised me when she said that I shouldn't get a Deep Tissue massage (she gave me the impression like she didn't want to do it). An hour and 10 minutes into my massage (we had 1.5 hour massages), I decided I really wasn't enjoying it and decided to call it quits. When I told Manima, she stated "Oh good!" Strike 2.

One final thing to point out. Kauai was very hot the day of our massages. Manima's assistant wanted to put the tent out in order to shade the massage area and make things more comfortable for my wife and I. Manima disagreed. It was only when the assistant insisted that the tent be setup did Manima do it begrudgingly. What made it worse was the location "overlooking the river" has no view of the river and it is in the backyard of a house. Beware of false advertising! Strike 3.

On her website, Manima states that "You and I begin the session with an 'intention'. I listen carefully to you, and with presence, sensitivity and compassion I assist you in the release of holding patterns in your mind/body/emotions." We strongly disagree.

12 Thank bluestar916
kauaijewel_9, owner at Mana Massage Kauai, responded to this review, 16 September 2009
I (Manima) just came upon this review on your site. The first thought that comes to me is; Why would I think I could carry-on like this and expect to stay in business? I’m not so foolish or immature to react so uncontrollably!

I (Manima) clearly remember these clients and will offer my perspective since potential customers will likely be swayed by his slam/review.

I (Manima) empathize with this person’s feelings however it’s interesting to see how someone’s emotions can distort their view of the best of intentions.

The designated parking is always explained when someone schedules an appointment. When they're using a GPS I no longer give out the house number, just the street name, then ask them to call when they're nearby. We then show them the designated parking which is outside of the private property in respect of the landowner’s privacy request.

I'm there to serve and hopefully ease one's stress when that's what's needed. I do this work because I care. When giving Deep Tissue and a person's receptivity is blocked, where their muscle tissue doesn’t open, I don’t just press harder. I always guide them to soften & open the tissue to the pressure so I can go deeper. I don’t risk injury to my hands when someone is too tight for my stature to safely release – and I can press deep! No matter what my skills as a therapist are; receptivity is the choice of the client.

On my website you can read many reviews from very happy customers, please take a look. Many people have been deeply touched by the beauty of the view, serenity of the place and the caring, skilled bodywork & massage they’ve received.

The Sacred Wailua River Valley location photos on my website are taken at the site. Please take a look and decide for yourself whether there is a view or not. Yes, it’s in the backyard of a private residence (this is mentioned on my website so no ‘false advertising’) with a wonderful view of the Sacred Wailua River Valley and Mount Waialeale in the distance. You're immersed in a wonderful and unique natural environment, which sets a tone that’s deeply moving and memorable. Overlooking the river Valley there's room for 2 to 6 people to receive massage at the same time, or, while one person receives their massage the other could relax and drink in the beauty of this place while waiting for their session. The environment is exquisite with birds singing, stream flowing in the distance and tradewind breezes.

And... clients often express how special it is to be welcomed into such a wonderful place and especially one that’s privately owned!!

Manima

ps: if you'd like more information regarding this review please contact me directly through my website.