“Nice location with some cons”
Review of The Kauai Inn

The Kauai Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lihue
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Me and my husband spent a week there in March. I loved the garden and the flowers, our bed was really comfy and the owner was extremely kind but I was a little disappointed with some things. First of all, you can hear everybody who is close to your room. We had a family with children staying next to or above(?) us and it wasn't that great listening to them running around. Luckily we just basically slept there, but I guess if you are into hotels and want to spend a lot of time inside, it's not the place to go. The idea of having fruit for breakfast is good but there were 1-2 days when it wasn't fresh.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 February 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed her for one day while we were waiting for a late-night flight back to Seattle. The rooms were small but immaculately clean and well-maintained, very comfortable, and even conveniently had a small fridge and microwave. The location was lovely and very quiet, with beautiful views of the mountains and the river. The staff was more than friendly and helpful. There was free high-speed internet, although it was spotty unless you were standing in the bathroom with the laptop! Overall, it was a great value and a good experience!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarabic
Reviewed 17 January 2008

Stayed here during Christmas week for 2 nights due to a misunderstanding re: our condo. Not easy to find a place that doesn't require a week's stay during the holidays! The Kauai Inn was pleasant, very close to Kalapaki beach/Duke's/etc and convenient to the airport. Area is OK though you may wonder after driving past the harbor, etc. - no worries. Lots of Aloha spirit and the rooms were fine. I wouldn't necessarily book here if you are looking for the ultimate Kauai vacation on the beach, but for other purposes, it fits the bill just fine with good rates and excellent people.

Regarding the air conditioning comment.....I hate a/c so it was fine with me to go without. December is cool enough, anyway!

Mahalo for a great visit.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank swami12
Reviewed 23 November 2007

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights. We stayed in the 300 building which had a great view of the mountain. The room was roomy and comfortable. They serve coffee with some English muffins in the morning 8 till about 9:30 which was perfect for us cause we like to stay in.
They have internet wireless for free!!! Thank God . I cant live with out my computer at hand. They do have a computer to use in the office as well which my daughter was on pretty much all morning.

Great staff.

The cons: You need to rent a car for this island. There are so much to see. & Leaving Today

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2007

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel for one night before the check-in date of our condo. This hotel was, in fact, inexpensive. ($99). When I arrived, however, I was told that I would have to pay and additional $20 for an air-conditioned room. The "continental breakfast" advertised on the website consisted of coffee and a few danish rolls sliced into small segments. Finally, there were no restaurants or shops nearby and no shuttle service, so dining was out of the question except by cab or car. That said, the room was clean, with basic budget motel decor. In hindsight, I wish I had spent a little more for more convenient lodging.

Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank ruhskis
Reviewed 27 August 2007

The Kauai Inn is definitely not on the beaten path! It's tucked away past the harbor, etc. It's truly a gem, though, as the staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean--and the price is definitely right!! Stay here if you are not concerned with a location from which you can directly access the beach or shopping.
The pastries in the morning, and locally-grown Kauai coffee are a very nice treat, as is the free internet access in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank 5irishones
Reviewed 17 June 2007

My family of 4 adults stayed in this hotel in Feb. 2006, and we loved it. The rooms were very clean, bathroom was newly renovated (they were doing renovations on other rooms as well so I bet they're really nice by now), and it's in a quiet area with a great view of the mountain, and within a 100 feet of beautiful menehune pond. The room prices are a real bargain too. It's a good place to basically get good sleep and be comfortable and clean. i would defintely stay here again if i were to go back to kauai.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank karna413
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
Kauai Beach Resort
Plantation Hale Suites
Hotel Coral Reef
Hotel Coral Reef
#3 of 11 in Kapaa

Been to The Kauai Inn? Share your experiences!