My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Kauai from Jan 30 - Feb 11, 2013. We had a deluxe ocean front room and it was absolutely wonderful.
I was a little worried before we left as there have been some scathing reviews of this hotel, but we couldn't find anything of significance to complain about. It was important for us to have an ocean front room, so we made sure that's what we booked and paid for. We also knew beforehand that the garden view rooms were in need of a reno and were old and outdated and across the street, so we made sure we booked the ocean front as we knew they had recently been updated and were on the beach side. Our room was amazing and the view of the ocean was spectacular. We saw so many whales right from our lania. Housekeeping were terrific (thanks to Shirley for keeping our room so neat and tidy and ensuring we had everything we needed). The beds were a bit too soft for us, but the bedding was clean and fresh and the bed was very large. Plenty of closet space too. Bathroom was clean and functional.
The resort itself is very nice. I would rate it a 4 star. The beach area is great for swimming and snorkeling. The pool was very nice. Not big, but approriate size for the resort. Lots of lounge chairs available. The smoothies at Lava's were yummy.
We had the breakfast deal at Rum Fire each morning. It was quite good. I would've perferred a buffet so I could have more fruit and more variety, but the breakfast was hot and service was good. The Belgium waffles were my fav!
The Poipu area is gorgeous. Lots of good places to eat and shop. We had a car for the entire time, so we were able to see a lot of the island. We loved everything we saw and enjoyed all our excursions around the island.
I think some people just love to complain about anything and everything. We did our research and were extremely satisfied with this resort. We loved Kauai and will go back for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu, Hawaii