We only stayed two nights on the south shore, but thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton. Paid for a garden view room, but upgraded to an ocean view with our starwood points on the second night. I'll include pictures of both rooms. In our experience, aside from the 'ocean view', the only differences that the ocean view rooms offers are: proximity to the beach/main pool/restaurants, a four-poster bed frame, a larger bathroom and closet, and a slightly larger room. Weigh that as you may. Honestly, I recommend either room. Garden view is a nice way to enjoy the resort and the south shore, in a nicely appointed room, while saving a bit of money for other activities. The gardens are lovely, and I took many pictures of all the flowers on our way to and from the room. Ocean view- well, it's all about the view. The ocean is yards away. Get take-out and watch the sunset from your balcony as you enjoy your evening meal and listen to the waves crash against the rocks as you fall asleep.
We arrived on a Monday evening, and the luau was just about to start while we were surveying the grounds. We spent the next hour lounging on pool chairs enjoying the music. You can see the show from the pool, and compared to other luau's that I've been to, I think this show is worth the price of admission (obviously my opinion is based solely on the entertainment value, not the food).
If you like to stay active during vacation, the grounds are extensive enough for beautiful winding walks (sunrise walks while you combat jet-lag if you so desire!). If you are a runner, ditto, and you can extend your route through Hoonani Road (to remain on sidewalks or pavement, you will have to rely on "laps", but still a great run). Poipu Shopping Village is an easy walk from the Sheraton, where you can find more dining options without having to move your car.
The "resort fees" includes daily classes such as ukulele, lei-making, etc. We took the lei-making class. Worth the resort fee for that day- loved it. Met June, public relations director, during Tuesday social hour- a Sheraton gem.
The main pool is located right on the beach, making for a very relaxing mood (obviously this is dependent on the kid factor though). The pool's design incorporates lava rocks into the setting, which is a nice touch to blend an ordinary resort amenity into it's surrounding environment. I was also pleased to see a pool-side lift chair into the pool- access for all that would like to enjoy the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu, Hawaii