My husband and I enjoyed our stay at The Sheraton Kauai - great experience, gorgeous views, and clean relatively rock free beach.
Neither of us had ever been to Kauai, and some friends had suggested the Marriott or Hyatt, but we opted for the Sheraton as we try to stay in Starwood hotels when the opportunity arises. After doing our homework and reading reviews, we booked an ocean front room with a balcony - well worth the up charge of $100/night from the garden view rooms. From check in to check out, no complaints about this property. When we arrived at the hotel a bit early for check in, we were told our room was available and we were able to check in immediately. I'd booked the reservation under my maiden name and asked that they change the reservation to my married name so my husband would not be called "Mr. maiden name" for the duration of our visit. The front desk staff was not able to make the change to the reservation but clearly noted the name change and my maiden name was not mentioned again during our visit (my husband was very pleased with this!).
Our room was clean and looked like it had been renovated relatively recently. The view was spectacular - my husband spent several hours sitting outside listening to the waves and enjoying the breeze. The internet worked well in the room and on the balcony.
The fitness room was clean - I ran two of the days, and the treadmills were in good repair/new-ish.
We very much enjoyed our time at the pool/beach. While it would have been nice to have chairs on the beach, we didn't mind the 30 second walk across some grass to get to the water. The beach was clean and relatively rock free - much different than our other experiences on the island later in our trip. The pool service was great, the server was very attentive and ensured that we had water to drink all day long. The cocktails were good and the food was above average for poolside fare.
We ate in the restaurant our first night on the property and very much enjoyed the view and the food. Our server was good - attentive but not annoying. This was one of the top three meals we had while on the island.
We did use the concierge service to book a luau and they were helpful. The valets were quick to get our car when we called down - we never had to wait.
This is a huge property, but we honestly did not realize that until we were reviewing the specs after we left. The stay felt relatively intimate and we would definitely return if we went back to Kauai!
Side comment....I did wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and nearly stepped on a fairly large cockroach - but the Hawaii is tropical...and I've had the same thing happen in Texas. Happens! We made certain nothing was on the ground and wore flip flops when we got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night the next few evenings. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu, Hawaii