I write this halfway through our stay, sitting on my balcony overlooking a beautiful garden area with a slight glimpse if the ocean.
I must admit, in planning our trip to Kauai I read review after review on all of our "prospects" for potential locations. I perhaps over read and totally stressed out. On this particular location I became really concerned with booking a garden view room based off all of the negative reviews. I decided to just go for it and did it.
Let me tell you right off, we could not be more satisfied. Our room is awesome (would have preferred a king to two queens) and we have go complaints. No bugs, no thin walls, no dirt, etc as others have described.
We had considered asking for an ocean front upgrade but soon realized we are hardly in the room anyway as this resort and the surrounding area are lovely.
We have had no issues with staff or the Lava bar. We have not eaten at Rum Fire or the resort luau.
Be prepared for high prices on food, alcohol and other items. I would recommend stopping at WalMart or Costco on the way to the resort to load up on water,soda, and alcohol
I have had a wonderful 50th birthday celebration as well as an awesome delayed 10 year wedding anniversary with my wife. We could not be happier with this resort!!!!!
There are lots of families and couples at this resort. Makes for an enjoyable experience. We especially like watching the younger kids as we miss our 8 year old son and 19 month old daughter. We definitely want to bring them here on our next trip.
The beach is just a short walk across the street however it can be rough at times, and even a stray Portuguese Man of War.
The pool was nice but it is definitely not top notch as you would find at other resorts. The view however is awesome.
There are plenty of restaurants and shops just a short one mile walk from the resort.
We did not use valet as self parking was easy and always had a space for us.
Thanks Sheraton for a wonderful vacation and looking forward to three more days before it's time to go home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu, Hawaii