“Stay away, go elsewhere!!”

Sheraton Kauai Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Poipu
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights as part of our honeymoon, we were forced to switch rooms 3 times In 4 nights. The first room was infested with bugs that got in all the food and we had to toss it, the AC didn't work either! Then we checked into another room which were told we had to vacate so they could work on it, we got into a third room and it was dirty and gross! We couldn't wait to leave this hotel. Seriously don't come here!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Edrejer
Elaine L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Aloha Edrejer,

On behalf of the Sheraton Kauai Resort, thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you experienced these challenges during your stay with us and invite you to reach out to a Manager on Duty if you would like to dicuss these in detail. We look forward to connecting with you soon. Mahalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,268)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our babymoon and loved it! The beach in front is fantastic and the pool is great too. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and attentive. We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RCTS
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The views are great, right on the water. Room cleanliness is just okay. The grounds are just okay. I think it's time for some major renovation. I'd skip the $25 breakfast buffet. In fact, I would skip all of the food on site. There is a small store/cafe that is open early to late which was very helpful. There are computer terminals with a printer available to pre-check for your next flight. Standard Wi Fi isn't very good- but, of course, you could pay for an upgrade. For $30 a day resort fees, I'd think the Wi Fi should work better. I wouldn't elect to stay here again and I'd not recommend this resort to any of my friends.

Room Tip: I'd choose a room at another resort.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1Groverbeach
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Celebrated our 41st Aniversary. Had a Beachview room on the Third floor, I will be back soon with my 80 yr old parents, First time on Kaua'i fifth time to the Islands, service was great, only complaint is "they need more self parking stalls"

Room Tip: any thing that says "Pool or Beach view" is a great room, third and forth floor rooms are...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were at the sheraton last week. On july 30 we came back from our dinner and found bugs in our room. On the tables and where tv was. Small ones and a couple of big ones. We didnt leave any door open. I called front desk. I talked to Erika the manager that night. It was around 9:30 pm. I asked her why this would happen. Her exact words were " this is a tropical island there are bugs everywhere". I was so shocked. I told her that this is the Sheraton and bugs shouldnt be inside the room. We moved to a different room but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sny73
Elaine L, Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Aloha Sny73,

Mahalo for taking the time to offer us your feedback. I am glad that we were able to connect regarding your most recent stay. Please accept our apologies once again for the inconveniences you have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us should you have any further questions or need any assistance.

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Elaine L

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel upon checking in asked us if we were celebrating anything. We told them that we were celebrating the passing of my father on that exact date four years earlier and that we were remembering when we had been to Hawaii some 35 years before that. They were so kind and upgraded our partial ocean view room to a full ocean view that had a wonderful swimming pool, hot tub and also included breakfast in the restaurant by the pool. They also gave us two mai tai coupons and a bottle of wine.

This was a lovely place to stay and we really enjoyed the amenities. Thank you.

Room Tip: The rooms by the ocean are better than the ones farther in back. Make sure you get one my the ocean...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathie S
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First time at the Sheraton at Poipu and delighted with my choice. From the moment at Check-in through the entirety of our stay, we were greeted and served by friendly, welcoming staff. As SPG Gold members, we were immediately upgraded to a ocean view over a quiet section of the beach for a minimal cost. Free valet parking. While the pool is crowded for swimming during the busy part of the day, I had ample time to swim laps in the early morning without interference.
The beauty of the location was it's proximity to the beach. The Hotel is right on Poipu Beach with reasonably priced beach side cabanas. ($50 for the day!) Well worth the price and it came complete with restaurant service. Service at the Fire Rum restaurant great and food superb. Breakfast at the Lava a little pricey, but good. The hotel is a little dated, but the staff and service and beautiful location make up for it. Concierge helpful in scheduling Catamaran tour. In all, a great time at the southern part of the Island before journeying north for a week in Princeville.

Room Tip: worth upgrading to ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Elaine L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Aloha Laurel W,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us at Sheraton Kauai Resort and for being a loyal Starwood Preferred Guest Gold member. We are so pleased you enjoyed our friendly service and our beautiful location. We trust the rest of your stay went well and hope you will come back for vacation in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sheraton Kauai. Aloha.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Kauai Resort? Share your experiences!