“Iffy at first”

Sheraton Kauai Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Poipu
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

First off I'll start by saying I always feel like hotels get offended when you purchase a stay at their hotel through a third party. I feel like you just don't get the same treatment. This has happened at various locations. You get there and they say in a sarcastic voice "oh, I see you booked through expedia" then they stick you in a room they don't care for.

With that being said I arrived and walked to the lobby to try or get my room. And just like I though "oh I see you booked through expedia" as soon as I heard that my gut dropped. I said ohhh great here we go again. But instead she was extremely nice and gave me one of the best rooms on the resort! I think it was 2418. It was suck a great room! The breakfast at rum fire is mediocre at best and the food at lava was average. Honestly I'd rather eat at their cafe. Their sandwiches were good. (Tip: don't eat the fresh mozzarella. It smells funny) we did so many things and the hotel shuttle was a life saver. It was awesome and would DEFINITELY stay there again without a doubt.
Thanks!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Achingbowels
Elaine L, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Aloha Achingbowels,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for your wonderful feedback. We are very glad to hear how much you enjoy our resort and the time on the island of Kauai. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Mahalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,331)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We loved our 6 day stay at the resort. In August the property was relaxed and not filled to capacity. We had an ocean view room which we much preferred to the kids garden view room. The rooms were clean and the AC worked fine. Each day we spent a couple hours in the ocean--we loved the surf and breaking waves (one day we went to the other side of the island to the St. Regis and the beach did not compare--no waves and extensive coral reef to get in your way). Property bar and restaurant were fine--with a great selection of restaurants nearby. The Concierge service was very helpful as were the rest of the staff. We rented a Cabana each day but there were plenty of deck chairs to choose from even in mid-day. We ended up not doing many of the activities--but it was nice that they were available. Overall a Very Good experience!

Room Tip: Ocean view was spectacular!
1  Thank 926erich
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here 2 nights and had a room in the ocean wing. 1420. The room was so close to the ocean and we could watch the sunset from our balcony.
The room is very nice size and very clean and taken care of. The beds are super comfortable.
The staff is really nice and Rumfire has great drinks.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Self parking is free and valet is 10.00. Parking is close to hotel.

Room Tip: 1420 is full on ocean view and away from pool. quiet. watch sunset from room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank christy2064
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We enjoyed that the pool and the beach are only steps away. Poolside staff arranged my daughter's first surf lesson and she picked it up quickly. We rode the hotel bikes to the Blow hole. The hotel staff are very nice and informative. Enjoyed the activities: Yoga, hula lesson, craft and lei making. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We had a Garden View room and it was across the street from the main pool and beach but it was a ver...
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Located right on Poipu Beach, the Sheraton Kauai Resort is a sweet hotel! Beautiful location with lovely landscaping. Not too far from all of Kauai's attractions, shopping, restaurants and, of course, the beach. Our room was clean, cool, and well kept. We were well informed of all the hotel had to offer, which included all kinds of fun activities from a sunset visit to see sea life in the tide pools to an intro to snorkeling. By the way, the snorkeling instructor (sorry, I forgot her name!) was OUTSTANDING!! If you've never done it before or don't even swim, she can safely introduce you to an experience of a lifetime!

Every member of the staff that we encountered was simply outstanding! The bell desk, housekeeping, pool & bar staff, reception, concierge, etc.-all were very professional, helpful, and friendly. They made sure that we understood that they were there to make our vacation special. We were always met with a smile and great customer service.

On our last day we didn't fly out until late evening, but had to checkout by 11am. We'd wanted more beach time and when we called to see if we could get a late checkout we were informed that it was impossible, because the hotel was at capacity. However, they suggested we have the bell desk store our luggage until we were done on the beach and offered us a complimentary room to shower & dress later in the day! We were able to utilize every minute of our vacation and still were able to clean up before getting dinner and catching our flight!

It was an all around great visit and I strongly recommend The Sheraton Kauai Resort! I would certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: No need to pay extra for an ocean view-you can see & hear the ocean everywhere! Quieter pool...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cat R
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have been here for 5 days. The location is paradisal the staff are non comital. They do try to cater for so so,too many cultures.the Americans are definitely prioritised.every time
But that does not mean that they do not care. The staff do their best. Tourism from abroad is NOT their first call. The room service is fantastic. With rooms immaculate,by the pool noisy Americans rule. If you don't conform to the limited instruction then you are out on a limb.the Americans and I generalise here are forth-rite,pompous and in your face. From a Brits point of view.even Skegness had its obligatory loud mouth.
Why do Americans need to have no volume control.a tuner for all in General would be good. America why is everything " a good job" . Trying not to be a true Brit here signing off. Xx

Room Tip: Ocean front
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Love It!! An amazing view, the best service, starting with the valet parking guys, ended with the room services ladies!! Super clean!! Family oriented!! You can surf, snorkeling, free Wifi, full of activities for the family. I absolutely recommend!!

Room Tip: The best view are in buildings starting in 2 for example I stayed in 2406 pool view and beach view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Kauai Resort? Share your experiences!