“Garden Isle Cottages, Poipu, Kauai”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Garden Isle Cottages
Ranked #28 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Mpls
“Garden Isle Cottages, Poipu, Kauai”
Reviewed 11 July 2007

It has been several years since I've stayed at Garden Isle Cottages in Poipu, and I've stayed there 3 different times. The place feels like I imaagine old Hawaii to be, charming, casual, artistic. Lovely setting. This is my favorite place ever in Hawaii, but then I've never been one for grand hotels. My husband and I visited some friends who were staying in one, at Poipu, and it's so removed from the natural world you wonder why someone would even come so far as it was no different from Miami Beach. It was luxurious, but it wasn't Hawaii even with the potted palms.
If you want to experience a taste of authentic Hawaii, I highly recommend Garden Isle. So sweet!

6 Thank travelbugMpls

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Alexandria, Va
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Convenient location on a quite street surrounded by lush vegetation. Overlooking a small cove where in the morning local fishermen fish and the evening sea turtles come to hang out. The bedroom was a bit too hot to sleep in (no central AC), but the daybed in the livingroom area was great with the ocean breeze cooling us off nicely and allowing us to be woken by the most amazing sunrise. Lots of sculpture and art around the grounds. Nice BBQ area to cook the local fish! Feel free to ccontact me for more info or pics

• Stayed September 2004
7 Thank breto
Reviewed 4 November 2004

I loved these cottages! They had a comfortable homey atmosphere, with an amazing view and a new, exciting feel. They were also very clean and enjoyable. My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon and will definately go back! The cliffs were beyond beautiful and the water and little inlet cove area was perfect for snorkling! We saw many different types of fish and snorkled with many sea turtles!! It was amazing!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2004

A lovely place with very hospitable hosts! Cottages are spacious with a spectacular view and great snorkeling at your doorstep. This is a much better experience than staying in an overpriced hotel! The location is close to restaurants and beaches. A great place for families to stay on Kauai!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 January 2004

We just returned from a 10 day vacation on the island of Kauai. We stayed at a small condo property called the Garden Isle Cottages Oceanfront. The property is in a quiet residential area on Koloa landing and it was a beautiful place to stay surrounded by lush tropical foliage and lots of sculptures and art work. The place sits on a cliff overlooking the point where Waikomo stream empties into Koloa cove. If you love nature and beauty you will love this place. Every day we saw 30 or more green sea turtles from our lanai, as well as, countless numbers of whales. We even saw 3 monk seals on our last morning there. This was rare because I've heard that they are endangered and that there are fewer than 20 monk seals living in the Kauai waters. This cove is also the best place to snorkel on the island and if you go early in the morning or early in the evening you will be swimming with tons of turtles. The property is conveniently located, about three minute walk to the protected Baby Beach, about a half mile to the Sheraton beach, 1/4 mile to a grocery/liquor store and 1/4 mile to the Beach House, a great restaurant to have dinner and drinks and watch the sunset. I highly recommend this property.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Poipu Kapili
Koloa
Poipu Crater Resort
Poipu Crater Resort
#27 of 29 in Poipu

Been to Garden Isle Cottages? Share your experiences!