What a wonderful place! We had Unit C110: a ground floor three bedroom/three bathroom poolside villa… But poolside in name only ~ which delighted us immensely. Located farthest from the pool and in the direction of Poipu Beach, this building (one of six poolside villas) was perfect because only lawn and open space filled our view to the Southwest… no other units in the way, and thankfully not as much noise from the screaming children in the pool. We could walk out on our lanai with a glass of wine and enjoy the grass beneath our toes and a nearly unobstructed view down the hill toward the sunset.
Kudos to Ann and Tawni who were so very helpful with our reservation. They answered all our pre-reservation questions so quickly and then provided a discount car rental code which saved us a bundle on our SUV for the week. Unit came complete with coffee filters for the coffee maker, dish soap for washing up pots and pans, laundry detergent for the occasional wash, and beach towels. Beach chairs, noodles, and boogie boards were all available from the clubhouse. Bathroom soaps and shampoos were hotel-sized, so be sure to bring your own.
Only a few minor complaints. Most notably, the amount of foot traffic noise that could be heard coming from upstairs renters was more than insignificant. We assume they weren’t trying to be noisy … but with wood floors, you have to know that just walking around is loud. And half the time we were vacationing, there were little kids upstairs – prone to running around before their bedtimes. Oh my! Thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-thump……
Finally, the unit as a whole is great. But the cleaning crew or general maintenance crew, for which you’re charged a very pretty penny, should be conscientious of some much needed repairs: burned out bulbs; loose curtain tie-backs; kitchen knives which need actual sharpening, not just steel-straightening; lack of candles in case the power goes out (which it did while we were there); missing television from one of the bedrooms (cord was just hanging out of the middle of the wall??)…. Just odds and ends that makes this a 95 instead of 100, for what that’s worth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai, Hawaii