We all have different goals while planning our vacations. That being said, my wish was to have a comfortable homelike setting for my children and grandchildren while staying in Kauai. We had a party of eight and rented two villas, C11 and E11. Each had three bedrooms and baths, ground floor. I could not ask for a more inviting villa. I love to cook and this kitchen was stocked better then any I have seen. A beautiful setting close to everything we needed. A lovely five minute walk takes you to several beaches, then go in the opposite direction for five min. and you reach the Hyatt and Shipwreck beach. Whaler's Village for shopping is just a mile away. You will feel completely comfortable in your villa. I loved how I didn't have to check in after a long day and just entered my villa with a predetermined key code. These villas also have a wonderful stray cat that we nicknamed "Poipu". He visits each villa for kind strangers to give him a little food. He always spent a few hours with us each day to the delight of the children.
The only negatives I can offer is that some of our party prefers pool swimming rather then the beach. The pool area is rather small for the amount of villas. When we arrived it was fine because I don't think every villa was booked. However the last four days we were there, a large party came in and there was no room for any of us to swim. Also, if you are sensitive to noise, do not book on the ground floor. You can hear toilet flushings and people walking upstairs, although it did not bother me. I highly recommend the Villas for anyone desiring a homelike atmosphere and convenient location to activities. Finally, please remember to be kind to the little gray cat that calls these villas his home. Hopefully we will see him on our next vacation to the Villas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai, Hawaii