All reviewspoolside villathe penthouseboogie boardsohana housewasher and dryersupply roomhot tubbeach chairstop floorminute walkmaster suitedish soapbrennecke beachliving roomupstairs neighborsthe property managertennis courts
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

A lovely villa but it should not be listed with hotels. It should be listed as a condo.
The pool is not well maintained. There was swimming worms in it. Sunscreen floating on the top. Filled with sand 2 hours after cleaning. Very unappealing.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Ellie B
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I made reservations for The Villas in December 2016 for a July Visit for a 2 bedroom poolside villa. Right before our trip we called to request the 3rd bedroom be opened up so some friends could join us and they were accommodating. In May I called and wanted to make sure that I was pool side. We wanted to be directly poolside. I was assured that all the pool villas were poolside. We stayed in A220 and we could not see the pool from our condo. That was one disappointment. Being in a 5 star hotel industry we had high expectations and the pictures on line looked so beautiful and the décor high end. When we entered into our villa we removed our shoes outside and from the time you walked in could feel the sand on the floor and you could see dirty footprints on the floor. The lights over the kitchen island were caked with dust and the glass doors out to the lanai had finger prints all over them. I had to go and buy some windex just to clean up some before our friends arrived. The end table and dining room table had scratches all over them and the place lacked the tropical flair that was shown in the pictures. This unit definitely showed wear & tear. On a positive note the kitchen was well stocked and the applicances worked well. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank planetdyckes
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Everything about the Villas of Poipu Kai is amazing! We stayed in B210, which is one of the many that overlook the pool. We had a short walk to the beach. You can get boogie boards, chairs, etc in the supply room located near the pool area to take to the beach! The Villa was very clean, modern, functional, and above all, very beautiful!

Also, I highly recommend you contact Stephanie Michel, the concierge, to arrange all activities you would like to do! I found her on the website of The Villas at Poipu Kai under the "Activities" tab on the top of the page. She set everything up! All we had to do was show up! I'm so grateful for having her. She knows all the great restaurants (like Brennecke's) and activities to fit your needs and wants.

Look out Kauai! We'll be back!!

Aloha!

Room Tip: I loved the view of the pool from our balcony. The pool closes at 9 p.m. so never any issues with noisy guests!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynda W
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

The word amazing don't even do this wonderful place justice. Beautiful grounds friendly staff. Great pool. And the villas WOW. Everything you could need for cooking. Laundry on site. Beds are very comfy. And it is a quick walk to the beach!!! This is our go to in Kauai now. Highly highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2017

We stayed here with my wife and 3 kids, 2 sets of grandparents and another family of 3 for 10 days. We had a 4 bedroom and 3 bedroom villa and both were incredible. The pictures do not do this place justice. They had fun beach toys as well that could be taken off the property each day that the kids loved. The rooms were very clean and beautiful and the grounds were perfect for kids and very well maintained and manicured. We highly recommend the villas at puipu Kai.

Room Tip: 3rd floor 4 bedroom villas had great views of both the beach and mountains
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family