“no to unit 314”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Poipu Sands Condominuims - Poipu Kai by TPC
Ranked #16 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We recently stayed at Poipu Sands in unit 314. we rented it through Parrsh Collection Kauai.
The experience was very disappointing. we paid a $150 cleaning deposit in addition to the processing fee of $50.
We were told the unit had been renovated 4 years ago.
The upholstery was dirty. the furniture appeared to be old.
Some of the linen was stained, dirty and old.
When I complained about the linen, I was told stained pieces should have been retired. Under the pillow cases, the pillows were filthy and stained.
The shower was dirty.
The window screens were full of dirt.
this experience definitely detracted from our vacation.
Parrish Collection never called except to tell us check out time was 10am.
I would never rent from this group again.
they have no idea or care what kind of job their cleaning crew is doing.

the shower was dirty.

Room Tip: Building 5 is definitely worth it if you don't mind paying a little extra. The units are cooler...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank dntwtosay
There are newer reviews for Poipu Sands Condominuims - Poipu Kai by TPC

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed in # 523 at Poipu Sands. It has an awesome view ! We most always sat out on the lanai to eat, relax and listen to the music from the Hyatt. We loved the closet that had everything from chairs, coolers and snorkel gear. Having the AC in the master was also a plus. I think if it had a lounge chair on the upper lanai that would be perfect. Every morning I sat out there and watched the sunrise. The pool was also wonderful ! It was big and never was crowded. We would definitely stay here again.
We rented it from Parrish. They were very helpful and wonderful to deal with. When it was time to leave we went to their office to print out our boarding passes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank corgimom019
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Great condo experience! I do not understand why people go to overprice hotels with small rooms and country (parking area) view .... Rent condo, you will get a lot of space, privacy and great view for better price. Condo equipment was more than satisfying. We found everything we needed for comfortable beach holiday incl. beach stuff like cooling box, seats, sun umbrella. Lanai was our most favorite room :-) We used outside grill next to pool to make unforgettable dinner experiences. Pool was very nice with refreshing but not too cold water. Beach opposite the Hyatt offers great local surfers watching every evening. As a good swimming beach we used Poipu Beach Park just 1-1,5 km from condo. Condo was booked through Parrish Collection which provided very professional communication.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We rented unit 532 at Poipu Sands for a week. The unit is exactly as advertised through the Suites Paradise Poipu Sands website. The unit was spacious, clean, refurbished, upgraded and designer furnished and deccorated. The view from the lanai was a vast, unobstructed ocean view. Location is right next to the Hyatt Resort. There is direct access to walking paths and the beach. There were two bedrooms with king beds. The bathrooms were spacious. Granite counters throughout. Everything was in good repair.

One thing we were disappointed about is that the walk to the nearest swimming pool is several hundred yards and there is no hot tub near that pool. To use a hot tub requires a drive to the Suites Paradise office and to the pool behind that office. Everywhere else we have stayed in Hawaii had hot tubs in regular, more convenient locations on the grounds. Gas grills are about 200 yards from the unit.

The location of this development is convenient for shopping, dining, golf, hiking and usual Hawaiian activities. No problem there.

In summary we were very happy with the unit and would seriously consider renting again there.

Room Tip: At Poipu Sands, I expect unit 532 must be one of the nicer ones and I would highly recommend that un...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank emilio800
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The condo we rented was amazing. Two floors, two lanais, two bathrooms, two bedrooms--all for an excellent price. Steps away from the ocean, full kitchen so you can cook whatever you want, pool, etc. I don't usually gush, but I think this one deserves it! Look it up on VRBO, and try to get this unit (if you can)!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank musicapp
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Great condo! Clean, and spacious. Both baths have plenty of counter space and showers only. Master shower is huge. Enjoyed the oceanview from the master bedroom and lanai. I found the second bedroom more comfortable as it was cooler in there and the queen bed is more comfortable to me than the king was. My husband liked both just fine. There is also a twin bed and buit-in desk in the 2nd bedroom. Plenty of towels. This condo had some extras...books, including guide books, beachchairs, pool noodles, snorkel gear, extra fans to name a few. The Bose system along with a cd collection was very nice. Overall very comfortable, clean and well taken care of. The pool was great. We enjoyed it all to ourselves one evening. It was fun floating while stargazing. Walked down to the water which is close and watched the sea turtles as the sun rose. Another couple had seen dolphins there one morning. Fyi- no hot tub and the one the condo book guides you to was locked when we tried to go at 7 pm. Would come back to this condo in a heartbeat and highly recommend. GVR is also very easy to work with and helpful answering my questions.

Room Tip: Nice and quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Notsoimportant
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Our family stayed here recently. It was our first trip to Kauai, and I'm glad we decided to say in Poipu. The condo itself is beautifully decorated and a great size for me, my husband, and our two children. I watched the sunrise every morning from the large lanai. There were plenty of dishes, pots and pans, etc., but we really didn't cook much. We also brought a few things we didn't need, as they were provided in the condo - beach towels, hairdryer. Also,the owners have thoughtfully left a few coolers and beach chairs for guests to use. Poipu Sands is quiet (maybe it gets busier at different times) - we were usually alone or had little company at the pool. The nearby beach is beautiful but not really for swimming. We enjoyed walking there after our day's adventures. I would definitely stay here again should I be lucky enough to return to Kauai. We did notice that the condo is for sale, though.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family