“Beautiful!”

Poipu Beach Park
Book In Advance
US$135.19*
and up
Private Tour: Waimea Canyon, Wailua Falls, Kauai Coffee Company and Spouting...
US$233.99*
Private Tour: Kauai Sightseeing Adventure with Picnic Lunch
US$256.25*
Vintage Biplane Tour of Kauai
Ranked #1 of 32 things to do in Poipu
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great beach for surfing, snorkeling and AMAZING sunsets! Make sure you ask someone from a hire place what to look out for with reefs and rocks, then you'll be fine.
Keep in mind there isn't much sand and the tide comes right up to the shrubbery. People's towels and chairs were almost getting washed away!
I surfed for the first time here, so Poipu will always have fond memories!

1  Thank JJYung

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in Kahala 724 for 12 nights recently..This is our 13th visit to Suite Paradise and second in this unit..Kahala 724 is very well appointed and has wonderfull view...Its a great place for a couple...As usual the staff at the office are excellent, very friendly and helpful...Unit is very clean and has everything you will need for a wonderful stay..Looking forward to our next visit..

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Anyone can snorkel here. A great beach for all ages. When tide is up and changing watch for sea turtles on the grassy side of the Park. The totally tremendous turtles feed on the rocks and ride in the curlers of waves. We saw a sea lion taking a nap. Beach is a busy place with the big hotels nearby and also being popular with locals. but everything and everybody seems to fit together nicely. did I mention great for snorkeling.:)

2  Thank bevk1
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This may be the best beach on Kauai. Sort of out of the way but not too much, great weather almost all day every day, gorgeous views, and amazing snorkeling.

1  Thank Troy H
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We headed to Poipu Beach with snorkel gear and boogie boards we rented through MWR at Barking Sands not sure what to expect. We went straight to the boogie boarding spot and never left! My 14 year old son and husband were out in the waves for over 5 hours! I have never seen waves that size up close and personal (we live on Oahu). My 12 year old daughter and I decide to join them after a while, but after a few excellent rides, I was taken down pretty hard. Just a warning to those that are not as experienced.

The park itself was clean (bathrooms included) with plenty of unobtrusive trash cans spread throughout the park. My daughter and I played volleyball most of the time and did visit the other beach where there were monk seals and turtles. People were getting WAY too close to the turtles, which was annoying, but the lifeguard kept them at a safe distance (but what a pain to have to keep telling people to back off).

This was one of our favorite days on Kauai. The view was amazing, it was fun for the whole family and with a little general store across the way, we were able to get some shave ice and a couple of cold brews to enjoy at the end of a physical (in a good way) day. Perfection.