“Great place for a treat”
Review of Papalani Gelato

Papalani Gelato
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Poipu
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Papalani Gelato Franchising Company is a family-owned and operated franchisor of handmade Hawaiian style gelato, coffee, and chocolate shops which is dedicated to sharing its hand-crafted artisanal Hawaiian inspired gelato, coffees, and chocolates throughout the state of Hawaii and beyond. Many customers rave that Papalani™ has the best gelato (Italian style ice cream) and best chocolate in the nation.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We love this place and come here often when on the South shore. You must try the Salt Pond gelato. This flavor is so unique and we have yet to find anything close to it. The young ladies working here are always nice and very patient while customers taste samples and try to make a decision. We prefer Papalani Gelato over any of the ice cream shops on the island. Unfortunately, this is their only location right now but they do offer a handful of flavors (but not Salt Pond) at the Island Market in Coconut Marketplace near KaPaa.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Small, cute shop with shakes, gelato, and cupcakes. I ordered the Kauai Crunch Cupcake. It was made with white cake, Kauai crunch gelato, and caramel mousse. It was small but delicious.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Delicious gelato. Reasonable prices. Good assortment of flavors. Definitely worth a stop. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband loved this place and we came 3 times . Perfect place to get a dessert after a beach day Many different flavors to choose from

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I know everybody says "go to (that unnamed ice cream place)" but I saw that Papalani had lilikoi (passionfruit) gelato and made up my mind to go there. they were busy but the guy behind the counter was fast. This is my kind of place, the gelato was perfect with the right amount of flavor and not overpoweringly sweet. They even had pumpkin gelato! On the mainland (48 states) we don't see pumpkin until October and it goes away in January.