“Absolutely Perfect”
MG 8790jpg
View to Ocean from Bedroom.JPG
Aerial View
Outside Oceanfront View
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kansas
“Absolutely Perfect”
Reviewed 4 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

This condo is wonderful in so many ways. Great location, beautifully furnished, and an incredible view. This condo was very well stocked with anything you might need to make your stay more comfortable or convenient. It was very clean and had luxurious linens, towels, etc. The lanai is awesome and we spent many hours watching the turtles, surfers and enjoying the view. It was very quiet and the grounds and building are well maintained. Parking is ample and easy, with nice steps or an elevator. The Beach House restaurant is just around the corner and has delicous food and is the best place to watch the sunset. Bob and Merideth were wonderful to work with and have thought of everything. We cannot wait to return to this wonderful condo on the gorgeous island of Kauai.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
dqroth
Southern CA
“What A Vacation !!!!!”
Reviewed 4 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Had a wonderful stay at Bob and Merideth condo #313 at Kuhio Shores. It was everything we could imagine and more. To sit out on their Lanai each day and watch the sea turtles swimming below and the surfers out there battling the waves was simply fantastic. The sunrise/sunsets were amazing and the beautiful rainbows we saw were beautiful. We snorkeled daily with the best location on the island being right in front of us. The thought that was given by Bob and Merideth in the decor and amenities was unsurpassed. Bob was great in his communication and information as to what and where to explore on the island. This was definitely a storybook vacation that we had and will have again. Thanks Bob and Merideth

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and Condo
Liked least: Leaving
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
OK
Reviewed 24 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk
Your age range 45-54
mauigirl2...
LA
“We would stay here again.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed at #313 Kuhio Shores two weeks ago. My husband and I had done a huge amount of research on condos in the Poipu area as you never know what you're going to get. I'd found another condo in the building but it was a bit tatty. However I was obsessed with the view and the turtles. My husband looked through every website and trip advisor review of almost every condo at the Kuhio Shores. Bob and Meredith's place was perfect for what we wanted. There were two others we liked but that we not available.

Sometimes the websites make it hard to tell if the place is booked so we called and spoke with Bob. We were so happy with his enthusiasm and pride in the place (and having seen photos) we booked it for a week. Bob was very communicative via email as well as when we called with questions once there.

THE CONDO:
The great thing about these condos is that you are so close to the water and the crashing waves that they drown out any potential noise from the other condos, something we had had concerns about with other condos (this is a popular surf area in the summer.)

The turtles can not be talked about enough. They are there all day long from about 6am or 7am until after dark. They are visible and many. My husband and I got equal enjoyment out of watching both turtles and numerous surfers daily.

The condo was very clean and the kitchen was fully equipped and newly renovated. We cooked most days and it was great to be in the kitchen still looking out on the ocean and the view.

The bed is big and comfortable and there is ample extra bedding, pillow etc.
I saw a review about someone not wanting to book 313 because the view of the ocean was through a large opening in the bedroom wall. The wall is pretty much a half wall, you have a very nice view straight through to the ocean and the view is not obstructed by furniture which is all lover than the top of the half wall. Also I'm not sure about other people but the waves can be quite loud and being in a bedroom by the lanai, I would never have been able to sleep.

The bathroom is very nice. I was having trouble with the shower as the hot and cold markings we not overly visible, so if you go, cold is at 3 o'clock and hot is at about 3:10. You'll understand if you are standing in the shower. Now the bathroom has my only CON. The pedestal sink is raise on a two inch slab, it looks very nice but is a total and regular toe stubber. So be warned.

The condo has most of what we needed. As well as the great kitchen there were condiments, sandwich bags, foil, plastic boxes etc for cooking and picnicing. There is a safe, beach chairs, boggy board, masks and snorkels, some fins, shower towels and beach towels. A landline with unlimited calling to anywhere in the US. Wireless and plug-in internet.

THE AREA:
There is a lot of snorkeling. if you don't mind deeper water the quietest and really good snorkeling was at the Kuhio Landing. There is good but busier snorkeling at Poipu just to the right of the kids shallow cove and Baby beach to the right of the condos the other side of the Beach House. If you're an excellent swimmer/snorkeler the area to the left of the condos has great snorkeling with turtles but the reef is a little ways out and can be rough with strong currents.

The sunsets from outside The Beach House Restaurant are unbelievable. We didn't eat at the restaurant but we heard the food is great and at the $30-$40 entree price range. If you want to eat here I would call before your visit to make a reservation because it gets slammed especially for sunset dinning.

There is security here all day and into the evening and he maintains the grounds beautifully. The beautiful grass area around the condos is off limits to random people wanting to just drop by and BBQ (although I don't know what the rules are for BBQs on the patios of the ground floor condos.) Security was immediately on a group of people setting up for a party out front and moved them off quickly.

Parking is ample in the condo lot and there is an outdoor shower and tap to rinse off. There is laundry on most if not every floor and elevators make it easy to get your luggage up and down.

OK enough of the long winded review. I do this because this in the type of information I'm looking for when trying to decided whether to stay somewhere or not.

Your age range 35-49

MI
Reviewed 20 May 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$225
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing