We just returned from 12 nights on Kauai, with 4 nights spent at the Koloa Landing. After staying at two other (older) condo/hotels, I wish we had stayed at Koloa Landing for our entire trip. No, its not on the beach. And, no the property isn't fully developed yet. But if you want a spacious, comfortable and gorgeous basecamp from which to explore Kauai, then this is the hotel for you.
With 3 kids, plus grandparents, our 3-bedroom, 3-bath condo was the perfect place to return to every afternoon after spending our mornings exploring different island beaches. One of the highlights of our trip was a simple family dinner - we grilled by the pool, opened both walls (yes, the walls of the living room retract), and set the table on our corner veranda. Easy, relaxing, and we didn't have to drag our kids through a crowded restaurant.
Private elevator to condo was a HUGE hit with the kids
Quiet, soundproofed rooms - couldn't hear neighbors or roosters
High-end kitchen - so much more fun to cook when you have a sub-zero fridge and wolf range
Retractable walls with wrap around veranda
Laundry Room in our condo - not just a washer/dryer, but a stocked laundry room to deal with all the wet/sandy beach gear we brought back every day
Pool - fun pool layout, plus one of the best little-kid pools I've seen
Location - Koloa is well positioned for exploring East, West, and South shore beaches
The resort isn't complete yet, so yes, you'll see fences, a strange parking lot in the middle of the property, and possibly some construction material. The was no actual construction happening during our visit. And when I was looking out at the ocean from our veranda, I didn't really notice the fenced construction area off to the side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu Beach are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai's South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Marriott, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii