This place was truly amazing! The grounds were very well kept. And the roosters had us laughing on more than one occasion. We saw some people complaining about them on previous reviews but they truly never bothered us once. Also, all birds on the island (roosters and chickens included) are protected by law, so it isn't fair to complain about them on a hotel's reviews considering they are all over the island. Not just this one property.
To speak more on the facilities: My husband and I came to the island with nothing planned. We wanted to get there and just get a word from the locals on the island as to the best places to go etc. That's when we met Mahana, the concierge on the property. She was so incredibly helpful and all of her suggestions were spot on!!! She even personally took us to one steak house called Kahalea, and she wasn't even working! That's a level of service and genuine care that we haven't experienced before from a concierge. By the end of our trip we feel like we have made a true friend in her! She's the best!
Also, the surfing instructor Nelson was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the best places to go and even offered to take us on a personal hiking trip! Which is outside of his job!
Koloa Landing is by far the best place to stay on the south shore! The rooms are more like condos, which are perfect for families! The full kitchen and options for multiple rooms would serve a family very well! :) we can't wait to get back here and will definitely be coming back and staying at this property! Mahalo Koloa Landing, Mahana and Nelson for being such a big part of our amazing honeymoon on the island! Aloha- Mike and Holli.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu Beach are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai's South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii