We got the rooms at a very discounted rate which certainly added to our appreciation of the property.
What we loved
-->the room decor is beautiful and tastefully Hawaiian upscale.
-->Kitchens are very nice (Wolf stoves, Bosch washer/dryer, Sub-Zero fridge) all with beautiful Koa wood and granite countertops
-->Huge master bathrooms
-->Exceptionally friendly yet relaxed staff
-->Good location near the 2 good "malls" and very close to Po'ipu beach
-->We went with kids and this place is very kid friendly due to the great pool and grounds on which to play mini-golf and volleyball
What to be careful about
-->TThe grounds are made up of 7 buildings and the issue here is that only part of the grounds are developed at this point. They are trying to sell the other part as condominiums. This means that a lot of the rooms in buildings 1, 9, 10 are looking out over a poorly erected green construction fence and look into undeveloped land. For those promised water views this is not exactly what they might have hoped for even if they see the ocean in the distance.
As it was, we were lucky to be in a corner suite in building 3 right in front of the pool. As a family trip the proximity to the pool is key since its a great pool for kids so i would recommend buildings 2 or 3. Also each of these buildings has 4 suites per floor. We had a corner suite (104) and one of the middle ones (102) and i strongly recommend the former for 1) better layout and 2) for being much brighter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu Beach are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai's South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii