“Best luau on the South shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Havaiki Nui Luau

Ranked #2 of 2 Concerts & Shows in Poipu
White Oak, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best luau on the South shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The luau at the Grand Hyatt is much better than the one down the road at the Sheraton. We saw both and I can say the one at Hyatt looks really royal - the setting is great, their gardens are nice, food is sheltered under a canapee and the food is of excellent quality. Tables are placed on the lawn but they offer glass ware, nice plates and classy displays. The hula girls are awesome and the fire master is good. Overall the experience is well worth the money because the people at the Hyatt make it worh it. They have a real underground fire pit where they cook the meats and if you value great food this is the place to go.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank TNB_11

Sugar Land, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“We Loved It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I read the other reviews on TripAdvisor and was cautious about this Luau but since several other luau's were already booked solid and we only had one day left, we signed up for this one. I haven't been to a 'better' one described in the other reviews, but I've been to lots of shows and performances as well as lots of dinner shows around the world. I thought it was a fabulous evening! My wife and I loved the show. The food was excellent. We all got a shell necklace and the performers stayed around for lots of FREE photos with us. The Hyatt is marvelous to walk through and a stroll along the beach afterwards was lovely. Priced at just under $100 per person as of this writing - dinner and a show was pretty good for me!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Wayne B
Detroit
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt on our honeymoon and chose this luau since it is on site. Looking back, I wish I would have realized how small the island of Kauai is and driving to a different luau would not have been a big issue. I agree with other travelers that the site of the luau was disappointing - an inside courtyard with no personality. The entertainment was ok and the food was ok, but I was very disappointed in comparing it to a luau I had been to 10 years prior on Maui. The luau reminded me of a bad wedding reception where the food is average at best and you just can't wait to leave.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank MITraveler02
Westlake Village, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Quite bad.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

This luau did have that feeling of a bad wedding reception. Plastic chairs, interior courtyard with no ocean view... Perhaps our expectations were too lofty but we were disappointed and left early.

3 Thank paigers1
Stillwater
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“The Hyatts luau......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

If you have been to Maui to the best Luau around in Ol Lahaina, you will be dissappointed....no water front, so no sunset, no buried pig, plastic chairs and tables, tiny shell leis ( that make the security alarms go off at the airport if your wearing them?)....
But, everyone was Aloha! The maitai's were the best, the food was great, the entertainment was good, they have fire knife dancers too. Again, if you have been to Lahainas luau, this compares at about a 3-4. Its the same price as most luaus, and was over by 8ish. If i were to go again, I'd go to the one in Lihue or Smiths, which was rated the best. They had a few vendors, and AFTER it was over it was nice to browse the grounds and shops at the beautiful Hyatt.

Visited December 2012