“Alihi Lani #4 - paradise in paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Alihi Lani Poipu Beach Oceanfront Condominiums
Ranked #11 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Seattle. WA
“Alihi Lani #4 - paradise in paradise”
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I stayed here for a week with my husband and two young children. It was perfect! The condo is cozy with plenty of space. The kids loved the pool and had it to themselves much of the time. Cynthia is a great hostess providing everything we needed and then some. We did not want to leave! Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Tortito

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 October 2010

This condo, alhi lani #4, is home away from home. the owner has put in every type of
amenity that you would need and use while vacationing in beautiful poipu beach, kauai.
We have been to kauai over 20 times, and this is truly the best find. we found it 7 years
ago and will only stay at this condo. it is always in mint condiction with comfy furniture,
soothing bubble tub, great lanai with incredible ocean views & sunsets. walking distance
to the beach and nearby hotels and shopping and restaurants. the pool is for just
the 6 units and evernty time that we have gone, it has been like our private pool. the kitchen is stocked with every variety of pots and pans; a cooks dream!!! you just sit on
the lanai and enjoy your meals and relax with the ocean sounds and incredible sunsets.
any one who wants the condo life while vacationing in poipue beach, this is the place
to stay. thank you cynthia!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmalucchi
Houston, TX
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here for our wedding on August 13th - 21st, 2010. Myself, my fiance, my mother and father in law. When you first walk in the place is absolutely beautiful! The entire unit is upgraded. I wanted to make sure it was big enough for 4 people without us feeling too cramped and the size was perfect. When I opened the sliding glass doors to the lanai, breathtaking.... absolutely gorgeous. When you walk out to the lanai, the pool is 3-4 steps away, so it felt like your own personal swimming pool and patio.

We love that the entire condo units were small. Only 6 condos in the entire unit. It was always quiet. Only 3 were occupied. We usually had the pool to ourselves. We drank coffee, ate lunch and dinner on the lanai. You spend most of your time outside because the ocean view is spectacular, the sunsets are beautiful and you see sea turtles everyday! We saw rainbows on numerous occasions.

The two bedrooms are separated far enough for privacy. Both rooms had a nice breeze, especially the master bedroom. I was concerned about not having A/C, but you don't need it at all! The tradewinds were perfect even in the middle of August. The folks that stayed in the unit two doors from us on top had A/C and they said they never turned theirs on. The bathrooms were beautifully decorated and has everything you need.

This unit had EVERYTHING. Beach chairs, a cooler, noodles for the pool, beach towels, enough bath towels, paper towels, washing detergent, dishwashing detergent, and more. We didn't need to shop for anything but food. Every day we were loving the view and most of all the condo unit itself. I even emailed the owner mid-stay just to let him know how much we loved his unit. Ron is the best! He always answers emails promptly and is so sweet.

Our wedding week couldn't have been any better. I am so glad we chose this unit and I wouldn't chose anywhere else to stay in fear that it wouldn't live up to Ron's unit. I promise, if you book your stay here, you will definitely NOT regret it. You will have beautiful photos, a relaxing stay and so much fun. I never wanted to go out in the evenings because I enjoyed staying out by the pool and watching the moonlight against the ocean. Breathtaking...

This is the best unit in Alihi Lani. Steps to the pool, a great view and the closest to the ocean. Paradise can't get any better than this. We plan on staying here for many years to come. Thank you Ron for making our wedding week stay absolutely perfect!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lisacas1
Catskill Mts., NY
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Alihi Lani 4 is a lovely second story 2BR/2B unit with great lanai views in the small, well-kept complex in a quieter section of the Poipu resort area. On entering, we felt immediately welcomed. There was a tray of macadamia nut, jelly and Kauai coffee samples. We loved the warm decor with its unusual floor and wall lighting. The furnishings are first class in all respects-quality, cleanliness, comfort and design. The kitchen is truly well-equipped and we enjoyed preparing some meals there. The binoculars provided were greatly appreciated when some sea turtles appeared just beyond the lanai. Cynthia has a great collection of guide books and DVDs for the rare times when a movie is just what you want.Great indoor and outdoor sound system and a nice selection of Hawaiian music. There are a variety of beach supplies provided including mats, chairs coolers and boogie boards. It didn't take us long to feel at home here. Cynthia is very accessible, cordial and accommodating. We had such a wonderful stay at Alihi Lani #4 and would consider no other place on our next visit to Kauai.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank crystalfire444
College Station, TX
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Stayed here with my family of four on Spring Break in Kauai and WOW - what a place! We have traveled pretty extensively, and Alihi Lani #4 was easily one of the best places we have ever stayed....Not overly large, but furnished quite comfortably with Hawaiian-themed furniture , and the view was FANTASTIC - we were greeted every morning with rainbows over the water! But I think it was all the "extras" - from the Hawaiian music playing when we arrived, to the beach towels/chairs/umbrella/toys, to the chilled mugs waiting in the freezer - that made this condo so easy to come "home" to each day, and so difficult to leave when our time was up....Thank you Cynthia!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Aggie1615
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Just back from a wonderful 4 day trip to Kauai with friends to celebrate 2 65th
birthdays. My Texas pals Dan and JoBeth Eubanks chose the #4 unit at Alihi
Lani, and all 3 of us were pleased beyond all reasonable expectations with
the unit and its iconic location, just across the street from crashing surf, with
whales passing by no more than 250 yards from shore. No. 4 not only has an
amazing location, the amenities offered by this condo elevate it far beyond the
norm for luxury vacation rentals. Our congratulations and sincere gratitude
to owner Cynthis Haines for truly "thinking of everything." We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank whl45
poipukapili54, owner / manager at Alihi Lani Poipu Beach Oceanfront Condominiums, responded to this review, 29 March 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us and hope you will be back soon. You were wonderful guests and are lucky that you found us. We look forward to having you again.

Cynthia
Owner/Manager - Alihi Lani #4
Georgia
Reviewed 5 February 2010

I have sort of a mixed review on this place:

The condo itself is nice. I wouldn't say it is quite as nice as the pictures make it look...it doesn't miss by much, but it does miss a little in this regard. We stayed at another condo on the north shore (Pali Ke Kua #227) and that place was a good bit newer, cleaner, and nicer. The Pali Ke Kua condo actually surpassed the internet pictures...which is great when a place does that. I can't say the same for the Alihi Lani condo. So while it wasn't perfect, it was still a very nice condo. The condo showed a few signs of aging, but for the most part is pretty new and clean. It has a lot of nice practical items...plenty of beach gear, aloe vera, lotions, shampoos, etc. It's also got a very nice view of the ocean and the balcony is a very nice place to sit outside during the day. In addition, the condo unit is small, which is nice since you don't have a lot of people/noice around. And despite a small pool, I thought the pool was very nice and clean and found it an enjoyable place to lay out during the day. The beach is an easy walk down to the Sheraton and there are plenty of things you can walk to from this condo. One thing I did feel at this condo was that it felt a little cramped...the living room isn't too large and the sitting space is a little limited (something to consider if you are a family). In addition, I wouldn't say this place gives you a lot of privacy. The bedroom off the living room really doesn't have a door seperating it from the living area...just a pull curtain (which you can see and hear through)...something I would think would be a bit limiting with two couples.
As for the owner, again I would sort of give mixed reviews. She is efficient and gets back to you quickly. In addition, it does seem as if she tries to keep her condo up nicely. And she was very nice in offering a discount; however, I wouldn't say my dealings with her were as pleasant as the owner at the north shore condo. So while it wasn't a negative dealing with her, I wouldn't exactly say it was positive either (which I would say of others I have dealt with in the past).
So I guess to sum up the place, if you are looking for a nice condo in the south shore within a quiet complex this place would be a good option. But, I wouldn't expect the condo to "wow" you. Although many others who posted before this have felt differently on this...so everybody has their own opinion.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank 24travel88
I always appreciate feedback that helps us to improve. When I inquired from this reviewer what items were not as 'new, clean or nice' as the items in the N. Shore condo, these were the items:

1. shower curtains (not sure what that meant - but we do replace them regularly)
2. they loved our pebble place mats and said they were unique, but there were a 'few' pebbles missing
3. kitchen sink had a ring by the drain
4. they did not like that we kept condiments in the fridge for the next guests.

Their private comment also included 'that is all we came up with. the place is really very nice and we really enjoyed staying there.

With all the things in a condo that need attention, detailed cleaning, amenities we provide, etc. I was actually very pleased to see that the list was so tiny.

1. we do replace shower curtains regularly. We recently upgraded our already beautiful front master with tile on the wall adjacent to the shower - so a curtain is no longer needed.
2. new placemates were ordered to replace the 'few' missing pebbles
3. the sink may have had a ring, we will watch that doesn't happen again.
4. We leave condiments in our fridge for the subsequent guests and we get a 99.9% positive feedback on how much people appreciate not having to buy ketchup, mustard, etc. We do keep it cleaned out when things expire.

Thank you again for helping me to keep our place as close to 100% perfect as possible.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Poipu Kapili
#7 of 30 in Poipu

Been to Alihi Lani Poipu Beach Oceanfront Condominiums? Share your experiences!