Rented through Parrish. They consider this 2B/2Ba as a premium plus rating, their highest. It was remodeled in most of the unit. The 2nd bedroom & bath looked older but clean & working condition so fine for us. New kitchen, living room furnishing, free wifi, wall mounted LCD TV, washer/dryer with a starter pack of soap. Newer coffee maker with filters. Good ice maker in freezer. We did have a problem with visitors in the kitchen (a few roaches) under the sink cabinet & in the drawers. Reported it to management & hopefully they'll exterminate. We were only there 4 nights so didn't see the effects. Just kept everything in the refrigerator.
We worried that it might be hot at night with recent October hot weather & no trade winds. But when we arrived, it was just fine. We kept the screen covered louvered windows open all the time for a fabulous cross breeze. It actually felt cool at night! Didn't even need the ceiling fans. They also have two tower fans for extra air circulation.
Unit had 4 boogie boards (2 were cracked), two small beach umbrellas, one working beach chair (3 others broken), a plastic cooler, beach towels, and one mask/snorkel. I think we saw some sand toys, too. We ended up buying one beach chair at WalMart in order to have two. No problem.
View from this 2nd floor (of three floors) in Building 8 are very nice. It's up high so you see over the tops of the trees & other property buildings. Plus it's set back so the loud wave crashing won't keep you up at night. And it's on a private driveway so no through traffic. And there isn't much open space around for roosters...no 3am crowing concert like at other properties!!! I didn't remember roosters in this number on the island 17 years ago on our honeymoon. Nobody was in the 3rd floor unit, or at least we didn't hear them.
The complex is a stumble across the street to Brenneke's Beach, add one more grassy block to Poipu Beach. No need to drive. Best location we found. Half way to Waimea Canyon & Princeville where we day tripped for hikes & golf. Bought groceries at Big Save in Koloa Town, about 10 minute drive through the Tree Tunnel, turn right, then on your right 3 blocks down, across from the bank. Also shopped at Walmart in Lihue for souvenirs. Ate at The Plantation (best meal), Keoke's (just ok), and Brenneke's at the bar (good) for our dinners.
Not sure why anyone would stay at a hotel for double the price & a quarter of the space. Sure the Hyatt has beautiful grounds that we walked through, but to pay $400+ per night didn't make sense for a 400 sq ft no view hotel room.
Go & enjoy,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best locations in sunny Poipu Beach Kauai, Nihi Kai Villas Resort is just steps away from the Poipu shoreline and a little over 300 yards to world-famous body surfing Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Nihi Kai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihi Kai Villas Hotel Poipu
- Nihi Kai Villas Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii