We just returned from our first Hawaiian vacation and I am so glad we chose Kaua'i as our island destination. We stayed in Princeville (at the Westin) for the first two nights and then moved to the Nihi Kai villas on the sunny south shore for the final seven days.
The location of the Nihi Kai villas was superb! It was literally steps from the beach. The property itself was very pretty and it had a pool (although a small one) that was perfect for my 3 year old. Our unit (#801) was described as "Island Casual" and that it certainly was! It really hasn't been upgraded at all, except for a flat screen TV. That being said, the beds were comfortable and the kitchen was fully stocked. There were even a couple of boogie boards in the unit for us to use. My one complaint was that there was a strong smell in the front bedroom that would not go away even after leaving the doors open while in the unit. I think maybe the carpets need to be cleaned, but as the manager said they need a good three days with no bookings to get it done properly. There are certainly nicer units on the property but we booked through RCI, so didn't have a choice as to what one we booked. For the amount of time we actually spent in the unit, this one was fine for us. There was no A/C in the unit, but frankly people that complain about that annoy me! Sit on the lanai and enjoy a cold drink. At night with the windows open and the fan on, we were fine - and during the day when it was hot we were at the beach, or kayaking, or touring the beautiful island...you get the point. After staying at the beautiful Westin in Princeville this was a step down, but we were still more than comfortable there.
I only spoke with the management upon check in, but they were very friendly and offered to answer any questions we had or help in any way if needed.
I would say this is a nice family spot steps to the beach, and #801 is a perfectly fine unit if you are not a "diva" and don't need granite counters while on vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best locations in sunny Poipu Beach Kauai, Nihi Kai Villas Resort is just steps away from the Poipu shoreline and a little over 300 yards to world-famous body surfing Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nihi Kai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihi Kai Villas Hotel Poipu
- Nihi Kai Villas Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii