“Discriminatory, condescending staff, terrible service! ”

Beach House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Beach House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Price range: US$7 - US$47
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, View, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Known as "one of the most romantic restaurants in the world," this breathtaking oceanfront, open-air restaurant has earned the prestigious Honolulu Magazine's Hale Aina's Best Restaurant award, 16 years in a row. Other notable achievements are Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence and Zagat Survey's "Recognized for Excellence" award. The restaurant boasts a progressive Pacific Rim cuisine with an Asian influence. If you are looking for a memorable dining experience, be it lunch or dinner, the Beach House offers it all: food, service, an extensive wine list and a spectacular view. Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Children Menus Available
“Discriminatory, condescending staff, terrible service! ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I arrived for a late dinner, we were under dressed but have been to nice restaurants many times before. From the moment we walked in the door we were treated as if we were lower class than everyone else in the restaurant. We were seated in the very back of the restaurant since we did not have a reservation. Beautiful views still all around us. We were brought water to start which was immediately spilled all over my brothers lap. We then ordered a round of drinks and dinner, it took over 45 minutes to receive our food (never receiving word that our food would be out soon) and we were never asked if we needed drink refills. After we finally got our food and finished the bus boy again spilled a soy sauce plate down my mothers white dress without saying a word about it. When we finally got the check we asked to speak to the manager who was the most condescending man I have ever spoken to. He spoke to us as if we were idiots who have never fine dined before explaining to us like 3rd graders what happened with the kitchen. We were comped our one round of drinks and no real apology was delivered. We will NEVER return to this restaurant. The staff was rude and disrespectful and extremely unsympathetic. Spend your money locally, this was the worst experience I have ever had at a restaurant and I am usually very forgiving but this was absolutely unacceptable!

3 Thank RheeC

• Korean first
Concord
“yummy mahi mahi dish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

loved the view as the sun was setting.great service as well.bar was crowded though on sat.night.my husband and I had the beet salad but was just about 6 big slices of different colored beets and that's it.no lettuce or anything else. good carrot cake as well.

Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great views, friendly service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We made reservations here based on the recommendation of a co-worker who visits the island frequently and we were not disappointed. It was my wife's birthday and I wanted a nice restaurant and got that along with spectacular views of the Kauai sunset. Our server, Bonnie, was especially friendly and helped make a nice dinner memorable. We both had a fish dish, and I wish I could remember the fish but recall my wife had the wasabi crusted fresh island catch and I had the macadamia nut butter sautéed fresh hawaiian catch. Both were delicious -- fish cooked perfectly and delicious sauces accompanied them. We shared the omao arugula & goat cheese salad to start which had the nice touch of frying the goat cheese. Finally, we shared the molten chocolate cake for dessert, a nice ending.

It was a great special occassion setting with wonderful service.

• Visited May 2014
Deer Park, New York
“Beautiful and Romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant is so beautiful and romantic. Make sure that you make a reservation in advance (we made our reservation based on recommendations before we arrived in Kauai) and make it for around 6:30, because although the food was amazing the sunset view is really the best part of this restaurant. I would also recommend getting there a few minutes early to walk around the back of the restaurant and enjoy the views and take some great pictures!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lms8517
Bel Air, Maryland
“A Romantic Sunset Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We dined here twice - once for dinner and once for lunch. Both experiences were superb! At dinner our servers were Josh and Jacob; at lunch our server was Jorge. They were friendly & attentive and our meals arrived as ordered. The meals themselves were excellent with my wife and I both selecting the fresh fish. Now for the dining experience. You are seated just yards away from the Pacific Ocean and the view is breathtaking. A restaurant photographer will take a sunset photograph and email it to you for a modest fee. I nice touch to remember a wonderful visit. We will definitely dine here on our next visit to Kauai.

Visited May 2014