“Go here for the atmosphere”
Review of Tidepools

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Eating at Tidepools pretty much encapsulates what people come to Hawaii for. The restaurant is located in a collection of "huts" on stilts over a lagoon full of koi. There is a waterfall; there is the Pacific. The walls are open so you can feel the breeze (consider bringing a light sweater). The service is attentive.
I would say the food was "good" rather than "great." I had a crab cake, which was fine and risotto, which was very good. My husband had lobster bisque and the Hawaiian Catch featuring Ono. He enjoyed both, but wasn't blown away. We would definitely go back because the atmosphere is unbeatable.

1  Thank Shannon D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I ate at Tidepools our last night on Kauai, last week. We made reservations for 7:15 so we could walk around the resort first. We arrived a little early, but they sat us almost immediately, at a table beside the large koi pond. For starters he had the lobster bisque (just ok he said), and I had the brulee'd mango salad (very yummy). I had the opah and my husband had the Hawaiian catch, which was swordfish/shrimp cake/lobster tail. Both were excellent! The drinks are very expensive (I usually like to get something tropical), so I just had wine and he had a Jack and coke and an old fashioned. Our bill with tip ended up around $180. All in all, it was a tasty meal in a romantic location. I would definitely recommend!

1  Thank Duvey711
Reviewed 10 June 2014

One of the best meals I've ever eaten. Top meal of our honeymoon. Order the special, you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Kimie B
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant several times on previous trips and it remains my favorite on Kauai. There are so many things to love about this place. The Hyatt grounds are always spectacular and the location of this restaurant above the koi pond is nothing short of beautiful. The food is always unforgettable and the service superb. Great ambiance, food, and service.....all one can ask for in a restaurant. Except for tiki torches..... oh wait, they have those too ! Love it !!!!!

2  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When dining at Tidepools you are surrounded by pools filled with Coi. The layout of the seating area provides dining nooks and conveys an impression of semi-privacy. The menu is a bit pricey, but this is Hawaii afterall and prices are not out of line. I had the Kona lobster and my wife had the Mahi Mahi - both were excellent and to my suprise I received 1 1/2 lobster tails when my meal arrived and they were very well prepared.

2  Thank Dwight F

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!