“sadly no longer here :(”
Review of Casablanca at Kiahuna - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Koloa
Cross street: At the Kiahuna Swim and Tennis Club
Reviewed 31 December 2013

was one of our favorite spots...has reopened in koloa as spazie(?) have heard it is still wonderful but haven't made it this trip

1  Thank remaxcalgary

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Well we found it! We waited a long time to go on vacation on the island of Kauai. The whole time I was there I was searching for the perfect place to take my wife for a beautiful dinner. I was told of several places and we tired them, but when I was told about this little diamond in the rough. We went to Old Koloa Town so I could buy a Ukulele for myself and my son and my grandson 5 years old, I thought the guys in the family needed one. It was the night before we left the island and the owner of the shop said you should go to Casablanca and listen to Mike Young play and sing. I was told it was a great place for dinner, I almost didn't go because it was the last night and I was still looking for that one and only place to take my wife for dinner. WOW I almost blew it. I drove that way and didn't see it, I was looking for a big place, and I turned around and told my wife we were going down by the beach for dinner, about that time she said turn on this road and we will see if its out here. Well she was right there it was!!! We parked got out and walked up and there was Mike playing just like the owner of the shop said. I asked him if he would sign my new toy and Mike was happy to. Mike said you going to stay for dinner, I looked at my wife and she said let's try it. It was a open air canopy type place with only one family eating dinner. I was hastiest but we sat down. It was unbelievable it was like have a private dinner with Mike Young singing to us. My wife ordered pork loin with apple and figs, I ordered a RibEye WOW we where blown away. Her dinner was cooked to perfection it was delicious I had to try a few bites. My RibEye I cut with my fork. It was one of the best steaks I have ever ate in my lifetime. It ended up being the best and greatest night we spent on the island and I didn't think it was even possible. The night seem to just fly by as we sat and Mike sang to us for two hours. It was that perfect place with the prettiest women in the the world. If you have a chance to visit the Casablanca don't pass it by or you will miss the best place on the island. We were told by the restaurant that Mike Young sings on Friday and Saturday nights. Folks I have been to a lot of places in my life but never to a place like the Casablanca you must find it and let them do what they do best! SPOIL YOU!!!! Have the time of your life Aloha...!!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The food was good and filling, But I really really liked the music. Local style great for listening or hanging out and enjoying the company you keep. This is fun.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

fair food but now closed and the owner is opening a deli in Koloa which will serve breakfast and dinner. This is the old location before they moved to the tennis courts.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Nestled back off the main drag in Poipu behind the Kiahuna tennis courts, Casablanca gives an intimate bistro atmosphere. Staff are friendly and attentive. Absolutely fab service. Adore bartender Matty. The food is outstanding. They've even special ordered my favorite rum. If you want great Italian food, outstanding cocktails, and an intimate atmosphere just a stagger away from anywhere in Poipu this is your place.