“Good Dog, Novel Bun”

Neighbourhood: Koloa
Central USA
“Good Dog, Novel Bun”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stopped in for for a Polish dog for dinner. The dog was fresh and juicy with good flavor. The bun completely surrounded the dog, with only a hole in one end. All the topping goodies were slid in with the dog. This made for a very neat presentation and no mess during consumption. There were a couple of small tables, but I would really classify this as a take-out joint. Good taste, complimented well with a fresh-squeezed lemonade! I would return for a try at one of their other condiment combinations.

“Glad I tried it! ”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We went on a zip line adventure and our guide recommended a trip to puka dog before leaving the island. He told us it was features on the travel channel. I had the pineapple relish with their special mustard and a fresh squeezed lemonade. While the hot dog didn't fill me up, it was delicious and I've been craving another ever since, and I am NOT a big hot dog fan. The lemonade was also very fresh and flavorful. For a quick bite or to try something different and original you should check this place out. My friends dog had all of the relish at the bottom (mine didn't have that problem) but if you take a bite and don't taste any relish you might consider opening the bun to spread it around which is what he had to do.

San Diego, California, United States
“LOVE THESE DOGS”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

What a simple concept, yet so intriguing! I don't normally eat hot dogs, however, since I heard about this place, I told myself why not try it. The sauces are absolutely amazing and delicious!! I had the regular puka dog with the mango and pineapple relish, and sides of banana, papaya and coconut relish!! OF course, I had to try most of them!!! I definitely also love their garlic mayo...extra yummy. This is a must if you visit KAUAI!

I love this place--I definitely would open one here in San Diego. It would be a great hit!!

Ventura County, USA
“Good idea but poor execution.”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I kept eating my polish sausage wondering where all the wonderful sauce and relish was that I ordered. It was at the bottom seeping out of the bun but by that time there was no dog left just bread and sauce. Look for free lemonade coupon in dining magazine on the island.

1 Thank City_Girls_CA
Houston
“You have to check it off your list”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is not that great an experience or meal BUT if it is your first time in Hawaii you have to do it,

Visited May 2014