“Beautiful Place to Stay and Enjoy Kauai!”

Review of MANUALOHA 609

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Janet B
“Beautiful Place to Stay and Enjoy Kauai!”
Reviewed 13 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

We will be back to stay in this condo! It was perfect for our family of 4. Even though it is not "right on the beach" the views from the lanai's were amazing. We watched the waves roll in and when we wanted, the beach was less than 5 minutes away. The grounds were beautiful and the interior was completely updated with gorgeous furniture. The whole upstairs is a spacious master bedroom with walk in closet and it has 2 separate patios to enjoy. The downstairs bedroom was perfect for my two teenage daughters. Everyone could have their privacy, be on separate floors/patios, or be all together in the living room and large main floor lanai. Even adding 2 extra people to sleep on the couch pull out would have been fine. The pool is about 1 minute away with a breathtaking view of the beach. There is everything you need in the kitchen, umbrellas and chairs for the beach, as well as snorkel gear and a set of fins. We also made use of the coolers available for our beach outings. Communicating via text and email was a breeze. Picking up and returning the car from the airport was easy. We did opt to upgrade to a larger size (Chevy Malibu), otherwise if it is just two of you or if you have smaller children, the smaller car would have been fine. We had no issues renting this unit. We were sad to leave when it was time to go, but we look forward to staying here in the future!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
gersty
NYC
“Poipu Beach is the Place”
Reviewed 15 October 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Took the family to Hawaii for 3 weeks July/August 2017 (1/2 on Maui and 1/2 on Kauai) and was not sure where to stay. We visited Kauai about 8 years ago and at that time stayed in a beautiful condo at the Waipoli Beach Resort in Kapaa. While that property was quite nice we did not love the surrounding area and therefore decided to look at Princeville and Poipu beach. Finally decided on Poipu as the north end of the island gets a lot of rain and thought I would prefer a dryer climate for our base. Our requirements included a 2 BR condo with functioning kitchen near the beach that would not break the bank. I started researching what was available only to find that there are millions condos at multiple price points. I spoke to a number of owners and eventually got it down to about 3 or 4 properties fulfilling my needs. The two top contenders were Manualoha 609 and another unit right on the rocks looking over the ocean. A very tough decision as Manualoha 609 is NOT on the beach but is a 5 minute walk to Brennecke's Beach. The other unit facing the ocean looked pretty tiny and I thought we might be really cramped there so went with Manualoha 609 and ended up being glad I did.

We rented though Great Vacation Retreats (GVR). As always I did my due diligence and checked out this agency online and found them to be reputable. Beware they do everything electronically and unlike all rentals I have done in the past, these guys send you a confirmation but actually never send a signed contact. I inquired about this and was a told that is how they do it. Gulp! I took a big breath, paid the deposit, and had faith it would all work out and it did. The online representative Janie, who I also spoke with several times on the phone, was helpful and always immediately responsive to any questions. And the kicker? They give you a free car rental when you book resulting in a significant discount. Shortly before arrival, GVR sends an email with all the info you need. Our unit had a lockbox with the key at the front door so they included the lockbox combo in the email. As a result, arrival was painless. No going to an office to pick up keys or coordinating a meet with the agent.

Upon arrival we opened the door to the unit to find an extremely spacious and well appointed duplex unit far superior to what I expected from the photos. The unit has been completely renovated and after visiting an open house for another unit that is for sale in the building, realize that the difference compared to a unit that has not been renovated is night and day. If booking at the Manualoha be sure to really understand what you are getting as the units are not all equal. The master suite upstairs was beautiful with a brand new bathroom, sitting area, and 2 decks. Big walk in closet. The downstairs bedroom is small with 2 twin beds but completely passable for kids, although maybe not so much for a second couple. Nice dining area and living room, and really nice kitchen with everything you could need for your stay. Deck off the living room had a hight top table we ate at more than once with a view down to the water (in the distance). I was very impressed with the unit and enjoyed our stay there. So why only 4 stars you ask? Well, what you learn about Poipu beach is that most properties do not offer A/C and that when properties do include A/C it is considered an "amenity". As such, this little detail snuck past me when I was booking as I did not pick up on the fact that A/C was not listed under the amenities for the unit. This is probably not an issue at most times but during our stay it was quite hot and sleeping was a bit tough. To the owner's credit, they provided standing floor fans which we had going in both bedrooms at night making it doable. Without the fans it would have been awful so be sure any unit you rent includes them.

The location of Manualoha 609 was ideal. We were a 5 minute walk down the private drive inside the property to the beach. We saw seals sunning themselves on the beach each day and turtles in the water when swimming. My kids loved the small Brennecke's beach because it had big enough surf to be fun but not where you were afraid of getting creamed. We swam here every day. The property also has a lovely pool that looks directly out to the ocean and is surrounded by beautiful landscaping. Plenty of umbrellas for shade. We swam here at the end of day almost every day. Manualoha 609 is convenient to lots of restaurants and shops which was ideal for us. Great poke to go in Koloa at the Koloa Fish Market. Access to Waimea and Waimea Canyon was reasonable. Many of the day cruises go out of a port 20 minutes away. Princeville was an hour our so away which did not deter us from traveling to the Kalalau Trail, Ke'e Beach and Hanalei Bay twice during our 10 day stay.

Summary:
Great renovated unit with lots of room for a family of four and well situated to explore the entire island. Minus 1 star for no A/C and not being more forthcoming about it. I would definitely stay here again. My experience booking through Great Vacation Retreats was top notch and would use them again as well.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing