“Beautiful place if you work hard enough to get a good location.”
Review of The Point at Poipu

The Point at Poipu
Ranked #3 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had booked through RCI over a year in advance and kept up on the reviews through trip advisor as I found out they were under construction. I kept in contact with the resort and their concierge on regular basis to insure the best possible experience. I was pretty confident that being so involved would make a difference, however....it did not. The day before arrival, I called in advance to confirm and request if possible an early arrival as our flight was coming in quite early. I wanted confirmation that I would not be in a room next to the construction as I had requested at least 5 times over the year. Guess what.... I was assigned in the building facing the construction, bottom floor. I said I was so adamant about NOT being in the construction zone that if I had to, I would go to another resort and take a loss of the money I had paid. After talking to hotel Manager they found us another room, which was far enough from construction, and quite beautiful. After the room issue was resolved, we quite enjoyed the location, the beaches, and the view from the room we had gotten. I am so thankful we stayed firm on not accepting the room with the construction view, as it looked like a war zone. The difference was amazing. One location....war zone....another location....;paradise!
I would not book this resort through RCI again , however I would rent from an owner, if that were possible and I knew I didn't have to worry about construction noise and view. Location was great!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better. Better view....less sound from other rooms above you. Any room th...
3  Thank Lora K
There are newer reviews for The Point at Poipu

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Point at Poipu for five nights in a two bedroom unit. The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed to cook our meals. The property is beautiful and well maintained. Very clean. We saw turtles off the point every time we went out. The two bedroom have a great floor plan. My son and daughter-in-law stayed with us for three nights with their 9 month baby. One bedroom is one side of the unit with the smaller bedroom on the opposite side of the unit which lends itself to more privacy. The larger bedroom has a king bed and the smaller bedroom has a queen bed. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in building two near the construction and it never bothered us. We were also in a ground uni...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family and I stayed at the Point at Poipu for two weeks in June 2014. When we arrived we were informed about the construction (a brand new building) but the recommended an ocean view room right next door. We were wary anticipating construction noise but they were so accommodating letting us check out room options and we finally settled on the ocean view by the building under construction. Never regretted it once - the view was great and the construction traffic was 9-5 when we were pretty much gone anyway. The resort itself is beautifully situated, nice walks along the cliffs and the beach. We loved the pool and great drinks at the pool bar. The landscaping at the resort is gorgeous with the tiered gardens and the koi ponds. The staff was very kind and helpful always. It had the BEST stocked kitchen of any timeshare I've ever stayed at - that was great! The icing for us is when the resort manager credited our account for the resort fee due to the inconvenience of the construction - for our entire stay (2 weeks!). I couldn't believe it - we were so grateful and surprised - a testimony to the customer service focus of this resort. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ground level rooms will limit your views so go higher. Some of the buildings are more recently reno...
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week recently. We had a 2 bedroom but since other family couldn't make it, only the wife and I had this large room. More than enough room and we had an ocean view room (not ocean front). The cliffs on the outside are wonderful to watch the wave crash and turtles can be seen regularly. There is a pool there but it looks to be used mostly for smaller kids. We did t spend any time in the pool considering the ocean is all around us. Wish the parking was setup to be closer to the rooms. The parking is located on 1 side of the structures and walking is done to all rooms. The closer room to the ocean, the longer the walk.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank isaac H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location and relaxing hearing the roar of the ocean hitting the rocks. Sea Turtles everyday in the water along with other wildlife like crabs and snails along the shore. The rooms were spacious and the staff were accommodating. The first half of the vacation was in Maui, and Kauai is more to our liking (if compared to each other). Zip lining, snorkeling, and other activities to keep you outside.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The stay was great for the first 5 days of the stay. The groundskeeping crew and the maintenance crew were very friendly and helpful. My wife and I went to some of the finest snorkeling around Poipu that was located near the hotel. The swimming pool area was very quiet. My wife and I were however very disappointed when we spent the last day of our vacation trying to be pushed into buying a time share at the Point. This dropped their rating from the 5 stars I was planning on giving them to a 3 star average rating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trevanion_W
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo in July 2014. I arrived before check in and asked if I could check in early. That was a mistake because even though they told me I could the room they sent me too was not check in ready. There were stacks of boxes in the room and someone was staying in one of the bedrooms. We had to wait until check in time to be assigned to a room that was ready for us. They told me they would call me once the room was ready but they did not. I had to go back and check myself. Everyone was friendly and kind but they seemed disorganized.

Once were were in our room my experience improved. The room was clean and decorations were nice. It was well stocked with supplies. The bedrooms have air conditioning and the beds are very comfortable. House keeping was kind, helpful, and quick to respond to our needs. The concierge desk was helpful and knowledgeable about activities on the island and we even got a discount by booking through them.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor otherwise you'll hear the people above you..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Miao22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to The Point at Poipu? Share your experiences!