“Kuhio Shores # 205 - Fantastic place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Kuhio Shores Condos
Ranked #1 of 30 Speciality Lodging in Poipu
Oxnard, California
“Kuhio Shores # 205 - Fantastic place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you are looking for an outstanding location in the Poipu Beach area, right over the water, Kuhio Shores #205 is a great place to stay. The constant sound of ocean waves crashing on the rocks below the unit was soothing, and at times I found myself falling asleep on the lanai in the evening. This unit is nicely furnished with comfortable living room furniture, a very comfortable king-size bed, a great bathroom (double sinks and marble shower), a nicely updated kitchen, and a nice lounge chair on the lanai for resting. I could have sat on the lanai all day and night, and just allowed myself to get caught up in the sound of the ocean all the time. The owner was extremely pleasant, professional, and helpful in every way imaginable. The ease of renting this unit for the week I was there also made the experience that much more special. Vacations are meant to be as stress-free as possible, and the owner has created a vacation home that can really de-stress even the most stressed person.

Particularly nice was the fact that this unit faces east, so it was delightful to be able to watch the sunrise every morning. By mid-day the sun was no longer facing into the unit, and by evening had cooled down to a comfortable temperature. I highly recommend this unit to anyone who wants to be really close to the water, and who appreciates a unit that is nicely furnished.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Best decision we made!! My sweetie and I recently celebrated our 50th birthdays. We wanted to go someplace really special to celebrate. We spent months researching and finally settled on Kauai. I had been there before and love the beauty of this island. Settling on a place to stay in Kauai was quite an exhaustive process for us, because we dont take trips like this very often and wanted it to be just right. We read all the reviews, and made pro and con lists, etc. and we finally came upon some information about Kuhio shores on VRBO. Lucky for us, the week we wanted to go was available! We booked unit 103, a ground floor unit in this beautiful property and are so glad we did! We drove around the island while we were there and looked at some of the other places we considered, and boy, are we thankful we decided on Kuhio Shores! Nothing compared. Our unit looked out over the bay, and you could see sea turtles out there all day playing in the waves. There is a nice lanai where we had evening cocktails and played backgammon. The lanai is about 20 feet from the ocean. Seriously!!! Between the condo and the ocean is beautifully maniucured green lawn surrounding the complex. We saw a guy there every evening tending and nurturing the lawn. It looks like a golf course it is so well maintained. We loved being able to walk over to the Beach House for lunch and dinners and for the sunsets. Amazing snorkeling in front of the Beach House. Our unit, number 103 has some snorkeling gear, paddle boards and beach chairs, which was awesome! We loved getting to meet some of our neighbors, but mostly everyone seems to respect each others privacy. The condo is simple, not over the top fancy, but just perfect for us. The owners have small children and have lots of extra gear for that available. Being a mother of three, I would have really appreciated that when they were little. As a romantic getaway for a couple,it was perfect as well! We found everything to be very clean and had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable. We would recommend hitting Costco the first or second day as you can save a lot of money by preparing your meals at the condo. There are tons of things to do close by. My only regret is that I wish we had more time!

This is an awesome, very special place. We plan to come back again and again! Mahalo and Aloha!

Room Tip: If you want Ocean Front, chose units with higher numbers, like 108 and above I believe. We loved our...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 103lisas103
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed in Unit 305 for four nights (August 13-18, 2013). We had a wonderful time. The unit is beautiful and well-maintained. The building is quiet and clean. The location is ideal for exploring the rest of the island. The views are great, and the ocean breezes and ceiling fans kept the place very comfortable. Molla Wallace was very kind and helpful, and we took many of her suggestions regarding things to do. We were a bit hesitant about staying in a condo instead of a hotel, but we were glad we did. The price was comparable, and indeed less expensive than some of the larger resorts, and the value was so much greater. We had a lot more privacy and the extra space made it so comfortable when enjoying the mornings and nights before and after our action-packed days. We would definitely stay here again if we are so fortunate as to return to Kauai.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed her for 5 nights and absolutely loved did. Views are incredible, turtles right in front, nice waves for a surf and great snorkelling. This complex is in about the best location with little traffic and near many restaurants and shops (a short walk up the road). If you want a peaceful spot to just enjoy the beach and have a base to explore Kauai, this is it!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August, 2013, for 5 days and we loved it. The view from our condo was amazing! Our condo (309) could not have been better. The whole building is well cared for and very clean. The location is quiet, but close to everything in Poipu, Koloa, and along the south coast. This is the 4th time we have been to Kauai, but the first time we have stayed at Kuhio Shores. This is the only place we would ever stay in Kauai in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

We are big Hawaii lovers! We try to go once a year. Kauai is our favorite island and Kuhio Shores is our favorite place to stay. It has parking, a cart in the lobby to help with luggage and most of all, that view!! We have stayed here maybe a dozen times and in many of the units. They are privately owned and when you rent, you usually deal with the owners. All of the owners we have dealt with are very helpful and will answer all your questions. They have a great website that will give you info on each unit. It is a quiet, close to everything condo for any of the south shore. It is the closest you will get to the ocean, probably 25 feet away from your lanai. Just beautiful! No pool but two beaches one on either side of the building. If you want a peaceful, quiet, relaxing place, this is it. Would give it ten stars if I could!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We (family of 4 w/ two school age kids 8 & 11) spent a week in #318 in early August. First, let me preface this review by noting that this was our first ever attempt ever at staying in a condo. For comparison, last summer we spent a week at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki and a week at the Waldorf Astoria Grand Wailea on Maui, so we have always gone for the full-service hotels. We tried KH out not really knowing what to expect. Now down to specifics. I made contact with Michael the owner via email. I can't really say if this is typical with most condo rentals but for #318 everything was handled via email. I got the impression that Michael is a low-key kinda guy. He held the dates we requested and sent the particulars after we sent our check (he doesn't take credit cards) via snail mail. It was really that simple. Back to the low-key owner. Michael didn't seem too interested in boasting about his place. He didn't push for any kind of reviews on Trip Advisor, or anywhere else. I don't think he is looking to fill his condo every night. This condo sort of flys under the radar, and I think the owner prefers that. I hope my positive review, which I don't give out so freely if you look at my past posts, doesn't mess up his style. So on to the property in general. I think that has been covered well in other reviews. I don't see how this place could be beat. It was like having VIP stadium seats to a surfing competition every day. Parking was simple, easy and convenient. I read where someone in another review thought the parking spaces were small here. They obviously have not spent much time in Hawaii. We rented a full size 4-wheel drive SUV and had no issues parking at KS. Also, the management company is taking good care of the owners, because the place was kept spotless. Someone was always sweeping up sand, mowing, or doing any other project to keep the place looking clean and neat.

Now on to #318. This is a two bedroom condo with two full baths. The place was clean and tidy, and maybe somewhat dated, but again, we stayed at the Grand Wailea on Maui last year so we are a picky bunch and this condo did not dissappoint in any way. Someone had left our parking pass and an additional set of keys for us in the until. No waiting in any check-in lines (excellent!). The beds were comfortable, and the bedrooms were pretty large. The couch in the living room is a sleeper sofa too, so this condo could easily accommodate more than our family of 4.

I would certainly recommend this property and this unit to anyone and it gets 5 stars from me. Sorry in advance to the owner, as I hope this doesn't mess up his low-key approach, Also, I Amy regret this review as it may be harder to find availability next year when we go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mach_92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,226 reviews
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Kuhio Shores Condos? Share your experiences!