All in all a nice condo in a great location with a couple of things we thought you should know. The unit is on the third floor with a lovely view of the small cove below. We loved watching four green sea turtles as they grazed on the plants on the rocks below. It is beautifully furnished by a decorator. My question to said decorator is," the furniture is nice to look at, but did you actually SIT in any of it before you put it in the condo?" The only comfortable piece was the sofa. As readers, we could find no good place to read. There was a wide screen TV, DVD player, free WIFI so couldn't there be a comfortable chair with good lighting? If you are a sunset person you would be better off picking a unit on the front of the building or going, as we did, to the lawn in front of the Beach House restaurant next door. You do get lovely sunrises every day from this east facing condo. One caviat...since this unit is at the turning of the L shaped building, the entry is in an enclosed area of the mostly open walkway. Three doors open to this 10 feet of echo-y hall and your bedroom windows are right there. If your neighbors are noisy, they are right there for you to hear and for them to look in if you leave the windows open. Not having the windows open means no cross breeze which is why the owners have supplied an extra fan in the tiny bedroom. Also, there is a bright light just outside the window, which the bamboo blinds only mostly block out. If you are bothered by light at night, this would be a problem. The kitchen is well appointed with GE Profile appliances but the cookware is a bit in need of replacement (non-stick pans are really scratched, for instance). You must register your car with security but it took us the better part of a day to find someone with whom to get a pass. When we did, he was very laid back about giving the passes out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sunny South Shore at Poipu Beach, just 10 steps from the waters edge, these 1 and 2 bedroom condos offer the best in oceanfront vacation rental that Kauai has to offer. Enjoy the magnificent sunsets or watch the surfers or sea turtles from the lanai or go snorkeling at the beach right out front. These condos are as close as you can get to the ocean on the island of Kauai! (Note to Reviewers/Readers: The condo units are individually owned. When writing a review, it will be helpful to readers if you specify in which unit you stayed. Also, please be aware that being independently owned, each unit may offer different decor and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Kuhio Shores Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuhio Shores Condos Hotel Poipu
- Kuhio Shores Condos Kauai/Poipu, Hawaii