“Fantastic”

Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Poipu
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was wonderful, pool was amazing and the surrounding area was very nice.

We stayed for 4 nights in Dec '13. The breakfast buffet was very good but a bit pricey. We also tried Yum Cha, which was good and reasonably priced. If you are up early, seeing the sun rise from the terrace is a must. We were disappointed that Tide Pools was closed for repairs but would definitely come back to this resort.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,785)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The pools alone are worth the price of the room, there are so many options! You have the adult pool, lagoon pool, lazy river pool, water slides, and the beach. The grand club here is better than most hyatts. The grand club is such a great value here with all the expensive food options on property, it pays to be diamond hyatt members. Go to dinner at the beach house down the road at sunset. This property also has self parking and a great gym and the spa is wonderful. Very relaxing, breathtaking view, well worth staying here over anywhere else on the island and we stayed on both sides... this is the best. We did have to walk a very long way to the pools and lobby but we like the ground floor to walk out toward the ocean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KaraBTravlin
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Our room faced the pool area with a partial ocean view. Gorgeous! The beds were comfortable and we loved that there was a small fridge. The only negative thing about the room was the air conditioner. Even though someone came up to take a look at it, it was still not cold. Thankfully there are ceiling fans in the room.
As for food, we did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the restaurants. Since Old Koloa Town is nearby, we drove there two nights in a row to grab dinner at Sueoka's Snack Shop. Love this place! Inexpensive and delicious. It is cash only. If you want a sit down restaurant, Poipu Shopping Village is nearby. We ate at Keoki's Paradise and stopped by Whalers for snacks and drinks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a 5 night stay at the Grand Hyatt. The room was very nice, but be aware the in room "chiller" is not a refrigerator. It kept a couple of water bottles cool, not cold. The wifi in the main loby area and conference room were good, but in our room it was just frustrating. There is a beach, but swiming is not recommended.
All that said, it is a beautiful hotel complex. Self parking is close and seems secure. We did like it alot, but why their in room wifi is so bad, no one could say.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed there for my husband's birthday over the weekend. Beautiful entrance, pool, spa, overall facilities! Loved my room, spacious and service was awesome. Can't wait to go back and take my children to enjoy the pools!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Im a local and we go to Hyatt for day-offs. The location is quiet and semi-secluded, however with about 15 minutes of drive you will reach Big-Save, which is a local supermarket for grocery. There are few restaurants there and I highly recommend Yum-Cha for dinner. Swim pools in Hyatt are excellent, there's salt water pool and man-made beach as well. Overall five stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank walterpan
Reviewed 10 December 2013

But very expensive hotel!! Went on a tour with travel agents of this hotel back in 1996 and swore someday I would be back. It took 17 years, but I made it back and it was absolutely worth the wait. The staff were amazing, the pool and lagoon were amazing. My one criticism was everything was just so outrageously expensive. We could only afford the most basic room (room 1003) which was about as far from the main hotel as you could get. Normally I don't like ground floor rooms, but I was pleased with this one as my son was able to go outside and play football with a little friend he made a few doors down. Also, there were hammocks right outside the room and they were nice to relax in during twilight. The hotel was not very busy, there were plenty of chairs available at the pools.

It really had the best pool I have ever seen at any hotel and my son would have stayed there all day, every day. The pool area really pleased both my 9 year old and my 16 year old. Something for everyone.

We had a package that included the breakfast buffet. I really don't like buffets as I think people make pigs of themselves and there is a lot of waste. Personally, I would just prefer a "food credit" and use it at other meals (probably because breakfast isn't really our favorite meal). I will say the pineapple at the breakfast was the best pineapple I have ever eaten.

Even though 7 nights cost us over $5,000 (and we were very conservative in our dining and drinking on the premises), I would definitely like to return. It just may take me a lifetime to save up again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NYDub
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Koloa
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!