Bring your money and just realize you did not come to Kauai to sit and do nothing! You can arrange pretty much every activity on Kauai from the hotel lobby. The views from almost every room are outstanding. The water park is well planned and fun for kids. Rooms are nice and open with good service.
Having said all of this, you will need to line your wallet with $$$, everything you do will cost a few extra bucks than you might think it should. This resort is well maintained with those dollars, and it shows.
The Sunday brunch is wonderful, but again, you will be too full of food for your day ahead, if you think you can eat your value of the cost for the brunch.
Before this area was a resort, it was a tropical jungle that I used to play in as a child, with the mysterious "Shipwreck" off the shore that I'd dream I could swim out to find. BUT, take heed, the riptide is strong here and should be left to the local surfers that are happy to put on a daily show of skill and style.
Save up your money for this once in a lifetime vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu, Hawaii